2/3 of marketers were happy with their last website redesign!
Roughly 1/3 of website redesigns do not go well.
HubSpot CMO Mike Volpe recently delivered a content-heavy webinar, The Science of Website Redesign , based on his research. Once you learn it, you’ll very well be good to go. But not sure what website redesign consists of? Check out this condensed sum-up of when, who, why, what, and how FYIs; then, access the materials you won’t find anywhere else.
WHEN to redesign
How often should you do a website redesign? When is the right time to redesign your website?
Quick FYI: It’s not about what people think. When you redesign depends on the data changes in your business. Whether you’re redesigning or not, make sure the content on your site is constantly evolving.
WHO does the redesign
Who does the work on website redesign projects? Who initiates website redesign projects?
Quick FYI: You can either go through the process internally, or hire somebody else to do it. If you’re unsure you can do it, leverage an expert to improve your website. (If you are a small business, be careful going into the redesign process, or else you may fall into the portion of unsatisfied results.)
Why does your website exist? Why should you redesign it?
Quick FYI: It’s essential to establish a purpose. Can website viewers access the details? Have a clear purpose for your website; have a clear goal for your redesign model.
WHAT to take into account
Webinar: How much should a website redesign cost? How long should a website redesign take? What should be focused on? What should my homepage look like?
1. Cost- The amount of money spent is not the drive of success.
2. Time- Expect about four to five months. However, there is a 50/50 shot your anticipated launch will be late. (Only 49% of website redesign projects finish and launch on time.)
3. Users- Make sure your website can be simply navigated. Easy to use > flash, design, artwork. Invite users in and watch them use your site. (76% of consumers say the most important factor in a website's design is "the website makes it easy for me to find what I want.")
4. Successes- Look at the better designed sites and take cue from them.
5. Tracking- Measure stats to track your website’s effectiveness. Pay close attention to visitors, leads, sales, and conversion.
What are the best metrics to use for my website? Are metrics important for a website redesign project?
Quick FYI: Just doing the redesign process does not guarantee results. You need to audit and read analytics. Use page graders to figure out which pages are more or less effective and look at the customer conversion rate. Work with such analytics to drive more conversions.
HOW to do a website redesign driven by science
Webinar: Preparation, process, pitfalls, proceeding, how to use HubSpot.