And the daily deal site debate continues. Among so many conflicting opinions about whether involvement in daily deal sites is worth it for businesses, yesterday eMarketer featured new data from five different sources that still doesn't make a clear case for daily deal sites either way.
12 Interesting Statistics From Daily Deal Studies:
Source: Merchantcircle Survey, June 2011
- 58% of businesses cited customer acquisition as the top reason for liking daily deals.
- 42.4% of businesses cited i neffective customer acquisition as the primary reason for not offering a daily deal again.
Source: ForeSee Results Survey, March 2011
- 38% of daily deal buyers said they were already loyal to the business offering a deal.
- 31% of daily deal buyers said they were new customers
- 27% of daily deal buyers were swayed by a discount after having either visited only sporadically or had stopped patronizing the establishment altogether.
Source: Rice University Survey, June 2011
- 77% of deal buyers for Groupon, LivingSocial, Travelzoo, and BuyWithMe were new customers, all spent more than the deal's value, and an average of 20% of these new customers became repeat customers.