Episode #25- January 30th, 2009
(Show Length: 29 minutes 7 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @karenrubin @mvolpe @cc_chapman
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- HubSpot 1K Customers Party! Febuary 19th! http://hubspot1k.eventbrite.com/
- Today Gov. Deval Patrick visited HubSpot because we tweeted so much! http://www.hubspot.com/blog/bid/4549/HubSpot-Twitterers-Land-a-Visit-From-the-Governor
- How do you find the time to create so much content?
- How long have you been blogging? podcasting? How did you get started?
- Blog vs. Podcasting what's more fun? Whats more effective?
- Tell us how social media is like fishing.
- The Advanced Guard
State of Inbound Marketing
- Inbound marketing means lower cost per lead - almost 3 times lower
- Small businesses are the most aggressive inbound marketers - allocating bigger % of budget to blogging, seo and social media
- Within social media, blogging is viewed as the most effective technique
- Myspace finished dead last - least useful for business
- About the same spending on inbound and outbound marketing
- Marketing Takeaway: Yes another reason why you should be doing more inbound marketing and less outbound marketing.
- Marketing Takeaway: If the pope can be on YouTube, your old established company with lots of history and tradition can too.
USPS delivering mail 5 days per week
- Marketing Takeaway - Fewer people are sending snail-mail which calls into question the long term viability of direct mail and the postal system.
23000% increase in DVD sales since YouTube Channel launch!!!
- Marketing Takeaway: Giving away free content does not decrease sales!
- Marketing Takeaway: Create delicious salty smokey content.
Marketing Tip of the Week: Cut your lead costs by 3x by using inbound marketing.
Inbound Marketing Kit
Learn more about inbound marketing and how to combine blogging, SEO and social media for results.
Download our inbound marketing kit .