Ever utter that?
... Ever utter it about your CEO?
If you have, this is the infographic for you. While it doesn't shed light on all of the qualities you need to be a CEO -- and might be a better reflection of the CEOs who came up through the ranks in the past couple of decades, rather than the CEOs to come -- you might see some qualities you and current CEOs share.
Some of the standout stats:
- 2.4% of CEOs have no college degree. (Tweet This Stat)
- Of Fortune 500 CEOs, 163 have no advanced degree. (Tweet This Stat)
- Only 4.2% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women -- 4.5% for the Fortune 1000. (Tweet This Stat)
- 4 out of 5 CEOs rise through the company ranks; the average CEO promoted from within stays on the job for 5 years. (Tweet This Stat)
- Average annual CEO pay is $12.3 million, including stocks, bonuses, and pensions. (Based on 327 of the S&P 500.) (Tweet This Stat)
Take a look at the rest of the data in the infographic from Harvard Business School and Mashable, and see if the C-Suite might be in your future.
What Does It Take to Be a CEO?
What do you think of the data collected? Do you think it's reflective of what the next crop of CEOs will look like in 10, 20, 30 years?