So it's Monday. Hopefully, you've come back from a relaxing weekend feeling energetic for the new work week ... but maybe not. Maybe you haven't recovered just yet from last week's workload of Facebook posts, automated workflows, emails, and blog posts. Maybe, just maybe, you need a little inspiration to start your week off right.
To help you start off on the right foot, we've compiled advice from three different experts who are at the forefront of marketing today. Flip through the SlideShare below for 25 inspiring quotes from statistician Nate Silver, best-selling author Seth Godin, and charity: water Founder Scott Harrison, or read the quotes in the copy below.
By the end, that big, looming project you have this week might not feel so daunting. And, if you're feeling especially inspired by these experts, you can come hear all three of them speak at HubSpot's annual conference, INBOUND 2013, taking place in Boston August 19-22 (you can register here).
25 Inspiring Quotes From Experts Shaping the Future of Marketing
Nate Silver, Statistician and Founder, FiveThirtyEight.com
1) "The signal is the truth. The noise is what distracts us from the truth." (Tweet This Quote)
2) “Distinguishing the signal from the noise requires both scientific knowledge and self-knowledge.” (Tweet This Quote)
3) “Success makes you less intimidated by things.” (Tweet This Quote)
4) "We're not that much smarter than we used to be, even though we have much more information -- and that means the real skill now is learning how to pick out the useful information from all this noise." (Tweet This Quote)
5) "We're living in a world where Google beats Gallup."(Tweet This Quote)
6) "Good innovators typically think very big and they think very small. New ideas are sometimes found in the most granular details of a problem where few others bother to look. And they are sometimes found when you are doing your most abstract and philosophical thinking, considering why the world is the way that it is and whether there might be an alternative to the dominant paradigm. Rarely can they be found in the temperate latitudes between the two spaces, where we spend 99% of our lives." (Tweet This Quote)7) "We must become more comfortable with probability and uncertainty." (Tweet This Quote)
8) "There's always the risk that there are unknown unknowns." (Tweet This Quote)
Seth Godin, Best-Selling Author
9) "You can’t fool all the people, not even most of the time. And people, once unfooled, talk about the experience." (Tweet This Quote)
10) "What people want is the extra, the emotional bonus they get when they buy something they love." (Tweet This Quote)
11) "You market when you hire and when you fire. You market when you call tech support, and you market every time you send a memo." (Tweet This Quote)
12) "You can game the social media in the short run, but not for long." (Tweet This Quote)
13) "Our job is to make change. Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go. Every time we waste that opportunity, every page or sentence that doesn’t do enough to advance the cause, is waste." (Tweet This Quote)
14) "Well, if you don’t have time to do it right, what makes you think you’ll have time to do it over?" (Tweet This Quote)
15) "Good marketers tell a story." (Tweet This Quote)
16) "The media wants overnight successes (so they have someone to tear down). Ignore them. Ignore the early adopter critics who never have enough to play with. Ignore your investors who want proven tactics and predictable instant results. Listen instead to your real customers, to your vision, and make something for the long haul. Because that's how long it's going to take, guys." (Tweet This Quote)
17) "Anticipated, personal, and relevant advertising always does better than unsolicited junk." (Tweet This Quote)
18) “Products that are remarkable get talked about.” (Tweet This Quote)
19) “Making promises and keeping them is a great way to build a brand.” (Tweet This Quote)
20) "True fans are hard to find and precious. Just a few can change everything. What they demand, though, is generosity and bravery." (Tweet This Quote)
Scott Harrison, Founder of charity: water
21) "Many charities go out and just ask people for money. We ask people for their voice." (Tweet This Quote)
22) "I wanted to reinvent charity. I thought it had become stigmatized. The word means 'love,' and I truly believe that giving time, talent, money is wholly redemptive." (Tweet This Quote)
23) "Making people feel guilty is one of the most useless things you can do." (Tweet This Quote)
24) “Time, energy, and talent can be more important than budget.” (Tweet This Quote)
25) "Inspiration is difficult to measure, but the results driven by that inspiration are powerful." (Tweet This Quote)
Which of these quotes inspired you the most? Share your favorites with us in the comments.