If you blog you have probably gotten to the point where you needed an article last minute to keep up the pace of your content publishing. Here are 5 tips that might help you put together an article really quickly (like I did with this one).
- Write an article that is a list of 5 ideas. People love lists and tips, especially in blogs. They are easy to scan and easy to digest. Perfect for web surfing or scanning your RSS reader. This article is an example.
- Publish a list of links. Linking is the currency of the blogosphere, and if you link to other bloggers, they will notice (good ones should anyway, except for the really big/famous ones who get tons of traffic) and you might get a link or comment back. Here is an example of a list of links article.
- Take a recent experience and share it. Has something interesting happened to you? Was it at all related to your blog subject? Write a blog article about a recent experience, like this blog article I wrote about a spam email sent to me.
- Answer questions you have received recently. We all get questions by phone or email from clients and prospects in our area of expertise. Collect a few of them and then publish a blog article answering them. Here is an example of a blog article that answers some questions. A great tip is to start with the actual email question you received and the email answer you sent, and then just edit it so it is more general and not client specific.
- Comment on other blog articles. Need ideas? Read other blogs in your industry, and then provide your own point of view on the issue at hand. Here is an example of a blog article that is responding to another blog article.
Have other tips on how to get a blog article out quickly? Share them by leaving a comment below.