Whether you're already a champion of visual content and just want a little affirmation, or you're interested in dipping your toes into the burgeoning visual content space, these 19 statistics should help you make the case for doing just that.
19 Fascinating Statistics That Make the Case for Using Visual Content in Your Marketing
4) Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don't. (Source: AnsonAlex) Tweet This Stat!
5) Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz) Tweet This Stat!
6) Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content -- photos and videos -- saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured) Tweet This Stat!
7) Facebook's new AI image search system makes it easy for users to discover visual content based on the content of the photo. (Source: CNET) Tweet This Stat!
8) 37% of Pinterest account holders log in a few times every week; 28% said they log in a few times a month; 15% log in once daily; 10% log in numerous times a day. (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet This Stat!
9) 98% of people surveyed with a Pinterest account said they also have a Facebook and/or Twitter account (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet This Stat!
10) Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic) Tweet This Stat!
11) Pinterest drives sales directly from its website -- of people with Pinterest accounts, 21% have purchased an item after seeing it on Pinterest. (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet This Stat!
12) 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen) Tweet This Stat!
17) 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day. (Sources: Ooyala and Ipsos) Tweet This Stat!
18) Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers. (Source: Ooyala) Tweet This Stat!
Have you had success using visual content? Share the ways you're integrating visual content into your marketing strategy in the comments! For more visual marketing insights, check out our full collection of content marketing statistics.