HubSpot TV Episode #12 - October 25, 2008
Like HubSpot TV? Subscribe in iTunes
Updates from the Social Media Sphere
- Jet Blue Twitters Its New Terminal - http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/jetblue-twitters-its-new-terminal/index.html
- LinkedIn Raises Another $22.7m From SAP, Goldman Sachs, McGraw Hill - http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/10/22/linkedin-announces-227-million-follow-on-round-from-sap-goldman-sachs-and-mcgraw-hill/
- Social Media Spectators increased from 48% of the adult online population in 2007 to 69% in 2008 - http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/report_social_web_usage_tipped_2008.php
- Britney Spears on Twitter - http://www.juliaroy.com/juliapatriciaroy/2008/10/britney-spears-in-the-social-web.html
- CBS Launches Social Viewing Rooms - http://nab365.bdmetrics.com/NST-3-50124898/story.aspx?utm_source=nab365&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=enewsletter&ocuid=NTY3ODYxNA==-B5+WANwMqjw=
Major Upgrade to Google Analytics - Who is it for? What's in it for marketing? (Not a whole lot for most small or medium sized companies.)
- Custom Reports - Nice for more sophisticated businesses
- Audience Segmentation - Nice for businesses with a lot of traffic
- API - bigger companies might want to build something on top of the data
- Bubble Charts - only for super-duper analytical people
Marketing Update of the Day
- Check out Gary V . and work to have energy like him!
- "Companies I've worked with in the past have wanted to create a blog but got caught up over who should post and how the blog entries should be approved by marketing, management, PR, etc. This led to a logistical approval nightmare and generally prevented the blog from getting started. I'd be interested to hear how people on this forum were able to convince their companies/coworkers to allow qualified company bloggers to post articles without seeking additional approval."