HubSpot TV Episode #19 - December 12, 2008
Like HubSpot TV? Subscribe in iTunes !
- How to interact on Twitter - @karenrubin @mvolpe
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- Thanks for the feedback on the show length!
@indyjones would love to know more about best practices for twitter bio. I've had good luck with @grader suggestions based on bios, but http://bit.ly/XJ4A suggests otherwise.
@davecriswell asked When/How should you initially interact with inbound leads?
84% of Corporate Blogs Suck
- Marketing Takeaway: Make sure you are using your blog to have a conversation. No one cares about your products, so talk about what's really interesting to your customers.
Smiling in your Facebook Photo Gets You More Friends
- Marketing Takeaway: Make sure you have a good friendly photo of yourself to use on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, your blog and other social media sites.
Search Advertising Surges in Q4
- Marketing Takeaway: Recessions make people focus more on inbound marketing.
TiVo Shows Ads on Pause
- Marketing Takeaway: Figure out how to make your ads less interruptive.
Chicago Tribune and the Death of Newspapers
- Marketing Takeaway: Print news is dying, find alternative methods to marketing. HINT: Look at inbound marketing.
Maybe don't mention your brand:
- Gatorade Ball Girl
- You Oughta Know Inbound Marketing
Submit your votes for best viral video of 2008 to us....
Marketing Tip of the Week
- Squeeze Pages as an inbound marketing technique, good or bad?
Question: Do you enjoy the extra content we have been posting to the iTunes feed?