Episode 31 - March 13, 2009
- How to interact on Twitter - @karenrubin @mvolpe
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv - Leave a 5 star review!!!!
- Special ticket giveway!: Blog post about their favorite example of inbound marekting (theirs or someone elses.) In that blog post, must link to HubSpot TV and IMS. Make sure we can find you!
- Paul Mycroft - http://www.paulmycroft.com/
- Is it possible to keep your Facebook business and personal pages separate? I really don't have the time to deal with personal Facebook requests but I want to develop my business Facebook profile. Can you keep your contacts separate?
FTC Spoofs FreeCreditReport.com
- @Soreco - Matt Soreco http://twitter.com/soreco
- Marketing Takeaway: Don't sue people, dive into creative marketing.
Tradeshow Budgets Predicted to Decline 17% in 2009
- Technology insustry tradeshow spending will decline by 46%
- Marketing Takeaway: If you need to cut, start with your low ROI programs.
Google Releases Behavioral Advertising
- We discussed the FCC concerns about behavioral advertising on HubSpot TV before.
- Google was smart - very open and transparent, allowed an easy opt-out process (ad preferences manager - http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/view )
- Marketing Takeaway: Segmenting and targeting can increase response rates. Use them when possible.
- PS: An easy way to do this for your own website is to use behavior to create a lead grade - HubSpot software does this for you.
Social Networks Pass Email in Usage
- People spending more time in social networks than on personal email
- Marketing Takeaway: "People prefer the clean, controlled, multimedia and publicly social experience of social networking communication over the relatively open, individualistic and spammy medium of email." (quote from Read/Write Web)
Twitter Search Will Surpass Google (blog) Search?
- Twitter Search tripled in last 6 months, Google Blog search is flat
- Blogs still show up in the main Google search, so is this a big deal?
- Marketing Takeaway: Blogging is still a higher ROI than Twitter, but you should be on Twitter too!
Marketing Tip of the Week
- Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, continue to invest in your high ROI marketing programs.
- Should company blog mix marketing, training and topical posts?
- Frank at www.interfolio.com