Episode 33 - March 27, 2009
(Episode Length: 19 minutes, 9 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @karenrubin & @kylejames
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv : Feel free to leave a 5 star review!
: "Many SEO experts believe that links from .edu
domains are very influential. Their value comes in part because
they're tough to get--most educational institutions carefully manage
the content that gets posted to their sites. However, there's one easy
way to get a link on an edu site - alumni directories. I set up
profiles on my undergraduate and graduate school alumni directories and
was able to put a link up to my company's awesome baby gifts,
That Baby DVD and CD
NCAA Basketball and Marketing
- March Madness: CBSSports.com Draws 4.8 Million Uniques During First Three Days
- Marketing Madness - Official ladder of the tournament
- Social Media Madness - The Final Four
- The Final Four: College Web Style
- jameskm03's march-madness Bookmarks
2008 POSTSEASON SPORTS NATIONAL TV AD SPENDING
> Pro football: $748 million
> NCAA men's basketball: $643 million
> Pro basketball: $330 million
> Pro baseball: $326 million
> College football bowls: $250 million
- Obama did a bracket how about your CEO?
- Estimated $600 Million in illegal gambling last year on tournament
- Viewership on demand up 60% (5.6 million unique visitors)
- 6.5 million total hours of video and audio consumed thus far, a 71% increase over 2008 figures.
- Marketing Takeaway: Looks for excuses to make creative content when the whole country is watching.
- Toys'R'Us loses SEO ranking with new purchase
- Marketing Takeaway : 301 Redirect is a PERMANENT redirect, like telling the USPS you are moving. Make sure you use 301s wisely.
Fortune 500 Flunks SEO Test
- Fortune 500 flunks organic search efforts
: There are lots of opportunities to rank organically for keywords that Fortune 500 companies are missing.
- PimpThisBum.com employs irony on homeless man's behalf
- Raised $50,000!
- YouTube Channel with lots of videos; Alcohol Rehab by Sunray and flight by Southwest Airlines
- Marketing Takeaway : If a bum can use the internet to market then so can you!
- Marketing Takeaway : Don't be afraid to help people... people are inherently good and charity is great brand awareness.
Media for Social Change
: Combines online and offline initiatives to help deserving
EVENT: Friday April 3, Roger Smith Hotel in NYC.
Buy tickets to support City Harvest
Marketing Tip of The Week : Create some interesting, relevant content around the NCAA basketball tournament and leverage the 5.6 million unique viewers.
- James Lee from TeleGlass National : "Does replying to blogs enhance your SEO? Is the reason to leave comments link building?"
- Why Leaving Blog Comments is Not a Link Building Strategy
- How to Graduate Link Building High School
Learn more about how you can optimize your site to get found online in search engines to generate more leads for your business.
Download our search engine optimization for lead generation kit .