Episode 35 - April 10, 2009
(Episode Length: 21 minutes, 26 seconds)
Interact with us on Twitter! Today, we are @
. (Or put www.hubspot.tv in your Tweet.)
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- @ KevinHignett : NFL scouts creating fake Facebook profiles (of ladies) to get access to draftee's profiles.
discussions with @
we want to make a clarification to last weeks
story about social media requiring more transparency in management.
Mzinga did actually blog, tweet and publicly discuss their layoffs. A
lot of our comments were meant to be more general marketing
observations, and not specific to
the situation at Mzinga.
- From HubSpot's very own West Coast correspondant, Dan Tyre: NYC church using Twitter to perform the Passion of Christ
NEW SECTION: Doing it Right!
- Zappos Shoe Map
- Masters Free iPhone App
- Marketing Takeaway : Create content and give it away for FREE!
Job Seekers Find Success Though Inbound Marketing
- "An updated online presence, online and in-person connection, and alignment of your assets - will all contribute to your landing that dream job ."
- 50% of laid off workers have found new jobs
- Why businesses should support personal branding
- Marketing Takeaway: Allow your employees to manage and promote their personal brand and you will help your company and your employees.
Diggbar - Good or Evil?
Digg Says Diggbar is NOT Evil, And Is Lifting Unique Visitors By 20
- How to Abuse the New DiggBar for Fun and Profit
- Marketing Takeaway: When using new tools, do some research and make sure they are serving YOUR purposes.
How to Leverage the Facebook Stream
- "A Facebook member with 150 friends, for instance, engages in reciprocal conversation with only 5 people, in direct communication with 9 people, and in "stream communication" with 20 people."
- "The implication for advertisers is that the new design is going to be great for spreading their messages far and wide---reaching two to four times as many people!"
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg Preaches That The Stream Will Bring Us Closer Together
- Facebook reaches 200 million users
- Marketing Takeaway: Leverage the Facebook Stream by communicating with your fans and business connections frequently.
- James Lee from TeleGlass: "Where do I find great photos for my site and blog without paying a fortune but while being sensitive to digital property rights?"
Image sources for Web site / Blog? Where to go? (Success Forum)
- Flickr Creative Commons
Marketing Tip of the Week
- Leverage the tools at your disposal (like the Digg bar and Facebook stream) and your employees (through their personal branding) to create and promote amazing content.
Marketing and Birthdays
- Facebook Marketing: How Smart Restaurants and Bars are Using "Birthday Marketing" on Facebook
- Marketing Takeaway: Use your birthday and your customers birthdays to you marketing advantage.
Webinar: How to Use Facebook for Business
Download the free webinar for all the basics of using Facebook as part of the inbound marketing strategy for your business.