Episode #37 - April 24, 2009
(Episode Length: 22 minutes, 17 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @ karenrubin @ mvolpe
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv
Award Winning Podcast! (You can also
help Twitter Grader win a Webby's People's Choice
Doing It Right
- Matt Webster (@ MatthewWebster ) from Drink a Better Brew :Teaching people about beer and how to pair it with food.
- What are some of the craziest pairings you have done?
- What is your favorite beer right now?
- What exciting inbound marketing campaigns are you working on right now?
- @ JayDuchin : Did you know you can customize your Blip.tv player so it doesn't say "blip.tv" in the lower right corner? U can make it say/link HubSpot?
Google Starts Featuring Profiles in Search
Google’s Willing to Exchange Profile Results for Your
Now You Can Change What Google Says About You
- Be careful with the personal URL, you could get more spam because it makes you gmail address public.
: Make sure you have profiles as many place as possible. Get found!
19% of Leads from Publishers Suck
Study: More than 19% of leads are rejected as faulty
- Many leads provided by publishers are not any good because of bad info.
- Inbound leads typically have better quality, but no lead source is 100% perfect.
: If you are buying leads, verify the quality!
People Respond to Content Over Advertising
- Brand Mentions Preferred over Ads
- Study shows that people are more likely to take action based on information in content than information contained in advertising.
: Move your advertising spending into content production.
The Governing of Facebook
- Voting Begins on Governing the Facebook Site
- Facebook continues to try and find the right way to change their terms of service and keep everyone happy.
- Marketing Takeaway : Managing communities is difficult.
FTC Regulations on Product Testimonials
- Bloggers in handcuffs? U.S. FTC proposes legislation on product testimonials
- Marketing Takeaway : Don't worry about it, continue to encourage your customers to talk about you.
Marketing Tip of the Week: Inbound marketing applies to ANY business, not just techy ones!
- Rachel at www.InTheSceneLimousine.com
- I have a Facebook Group and a Facebook Fan page and my followers are split between the two. Should I just have one to get the most of out the community? If so which one?
Come hang out with us in San Francisco!
Missed Episode #36, from April 17, 2009? Check it out: Feedback is Friendly! Accept, Respond and Move On
Webinar: Marketing in a Recession
Originally published Apr 26, 2009 1:19:00 PM, updated July 04 2013