Episode #39 - May 8th, 2009
(Length: 27 minutes, 59 seconds.)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ karenrubin @ mvolpe @scottkirsner
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
HubSpot TV Guest: Scott Kirsner
- Boston Globe Journalist
- Innovation Economy
- Cinema Tech
- New book: Fans, Friends & Followers
- Recent Boston Globe article: Boston is the Hub of Inbound Marketing
- From PRSA Conference: Do Press Releases count as content creation?
Doing it Right
- Scottsdale PD Tweets Bank Robbers photo: @ScottsdalePD
- Scottsdale Police Department Tweets Bank Robber's Picture on Twitter
The Future of the Boston Globe and Content in General
- Boston Globe Still Strong Online
- Newspapers Use Kindle to Boost Subscribers
- Marketing Takeaway : Produce more content and in multiple formats to suit all of the audiences you serve.
Twitter Competing with Google?
- If Twitter indexes not only Tweets, but also links, would it have more real time news information than Google?
- Twitter Plans to Squash Google’s Spider?
- Marketing Takeaway : Promote the content you publish in social media to attract more visitors and links.
DJing Social Media & Inbound Marketing
- Richie Hawtin created a system to live post what he was playing to his Twitter stream which used Traktor Pros system
- Traktor Pro added the functionality into the next release of the product
- Great example of innovation based on your top users as well as using inbound marketing within your product
- Richie Hawtin launches Twitter app for Traktor
- Marketing Takeaway: Make sure you are listening to your customers to find new product innovations.
- Bonus Marketing Takeaway: Products that might not be social at first glance might be able to become social, giving them more inbound marketing power.
Marketing Tip of the Week
- Make sure you are listen to your most sophisticated customers and understand how they are pushing, adapting and enhancing your product.
On next week's episode (May 15th, 2009), Chris Brogan will be on HubSpot TV
Miss last week's episode?:
HubSpot TV - Ahh Choo! Marketing and Swine Flu
(May 1, 2009)
HubSpot Free Trial
Optimize your website to get found by more prospects and convert more of them into leads and paying customers with HubSpot's inbound marketing system.