Episode #40 - May 15th, 2009
(Episode length: 31 minutes, 36 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @ karenrubin @ mvolpe @ chrisbrogan
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
HubSpot TV Guest:
The Evolution of Google
Google Search Evolves - But Has Google Finally Lost its Core Focus?
Google beefs up Web services, search
- Rich Snippets: More control over how your content is organized and viewed by Google user
- Google Squared: Fetches and organized facts
- Search Options: More options for how you look at search results
- Marketing Takeaway : Search continues to evolve. Be conscious of the changes and how you can use them to advance your website for the next generation of search engines.
Paid Search Traffic Down 26%
- Paid Search Traffic Down Sharply
- "Share of search traffic to websites generated from paid listings has dropped to about 7.25 percent over the last four weeks, down from 9.8 percent during the same period a year ago."Marketing cutbacks? Or are larger companies learning the value of organic search results?
- Marketing cutbacks? Or are larger companies learning the value of organic search results?
- Marketing Takeaway : Industry trends are interesting, but whats most important is your trends and your data.
- Tighter economic times are increasing attacks on brands online through "gray market knockoffs, phishing attacks, cyber squatting, e-mail scams, trademark abuse, and copyright and patent infringements"
- Marketing Takeaway : Monitoring your brand online is a must. Use free tools such at Google alerts, Twitter search, Backtype (for blog comments) and keep and eye on them on a regular basis. HubSpot Software also automatically helps you monitor your brand and send you alerts.
- Computerized calls to cell phones and land lines (even those listed on the do not call registry) pitch extended auto warranties
- FTC is taking legal action and has filed suit again the telemarketing company and the promoter of the warranties
- Marketing Takeaway: If you are an aggressive outbound marketer, be careful about what tactics you use because you may get in trouble!
- Marketing Takeaway 1 : Make sure to grab your brand on Twitter even if you aren't ready to use it.
- Marketing Takeaway 2: Maybe it's more about quality then quantity and this is more a fad than anything else. In any case, see marketing takeaway 1.
Miss last week's episode?:
HubSpot TV - Listen to Your Fans, Friends & Followers with Scott Kirsner
(May 8, 2009)
Webinar: Advanced Business Blogging
Learn how to build your business blog into an inbound marketing machine.
Download the free webinar to learn how to create a thriving blog.
Originally published May 16, 2009 4:34:00 PM, updated July 04 2013