Episode #42 - May 29nd, 2009
(Episode Length: 26 minutes, 24 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @ mvolpe @ randfish
- Special Guest: SEO Guru Rand Fishkin from SEOmoz.org
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- Inboundmarketing.com : Post your HubSpot TV questions in the forums
Sign up for free
Inbound Marketing University
: SEOmoz is an IMU Partner, and Rand is an SEO Professor
Microsoft Announces New Search Engine - Bing.com
- Microsoft Announces Bing.com, Makes Its First Serious Challenge to Google’s Dominance
- Bing has a different user interface, and some features allowing you to search for photos similar to a specific image result, as well as an advanced travel search engine
- Marketing Takeaway : Play around with relevant search terms and see how your website shows up as compared to Google
- CBS Outdoor merges text with billboards
- Using text messaging all CBS Outdoor billboards can allow people to send a text message with a keyword to get more info
- Does this encourage texting while you drive?
- Marketing Takeaway : You can even try to make traditional advertising more interactive and measurable.
Google Does the Wave. What is it?
- Went Walkabout. Brought back Google Wave.
- Google Wave Drips With Ambition. A New Communication Platform For A New Web.
- What is "Wave"? How will people use it?
: Wave is still in development stage, and not worth thinking about from a marketing standpoint.
The Future of Search Marketing
- Did Google Change SEO Yesterday?
- Where is search going? What are microformats and the semantic web?
- Marketing Takeaway : Make sure you are publishing content in a semantic/microformat-compatible way. Blogs and websites built on CSS are a good start.
- Brandon Mulnix from Modern Photographics asks "What are the steps to optimize images for Google image search?"
- File name, ALT tags on images
Missed last week's episode? HubSpot TV - Lose Control of Your Marketing (May 22nd, 2009)
Search Engine Optimization Kit
Learn more about how you can optimize your site to rank higher in search engines so you get found by more qualified prospects.
Download our search engine optimization kit .