Episode #43 - June 5, 2009
(Episode Length: 24 minutes, 26 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @ mvolpe @ karenrubin
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- InboundMarketing.com : New site where you can post questions, learn about inbound marketing, meet others, find and post jobs or sign up for Inbound Marketing University !
- HubSpot TV & Successful Videos
- Webinar with Karen & Mike: How To User Online Video for Inbound Marketing (Wednesday June 10th)
- Register for the Webinar
Doing it Right
- Southwest Airlines' Rapping Flight Attendant (1.7 million views)
- Managing Social Media and Encouraging Employee Individuality with Southwest Airlines
- Time spent on Facebook: "1.7 billion minutes last year compared to this year's total of 13.9 billion"
- "Twitter saw a 3712 percent year-over-year increase between last and this year, with users clocking in nearly 300,000 total minutes for that site in April '09."
- Time spent on social networking and blogging sites has grown at 3 times the rate of overall Internet growth."
- Marketing Takeaway : People are spending a lot more time on social media in their day to day life. As a small or medium business, you can't afford not to be there!
Small Businesses Getting it on With Social Media
- Social Media and Small Business Getting Acquainted Slowly
- "260,000 small businesses across the US and Canada are employing social media tactics in their business to one degree or another"
- "Assuming 25,000,000 small businesses in the US and 2.5 million in Canada, that means that just under 1% of these business are using social media."
- Marketing Takeaway : See marketing takeaway from Headline 1!
- Marketing Takeaway 2 : Lots of opportunity to get ahead of the competition.
GM Goes Bankrupt, Launches GMReinvention.com Website
- Attention GM: Here are the top 5 marketing ideas for your reinvention
- Good things about the new website: Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, videos
- Bad things about the new website: it is a microsite, not their main website
Marketing improvements from @dmscott
- Fire your Madison avenue advertising agency
- Build better products people want
- Be more human and personal
- Marketing Takeaway : Over dependence on outbound marketing is dangerous because it is becoming more expensive and difficult.
A New Future for No-Follow Links?
- Google Loses “Backwards Compatibility” On Paid Link Blocking & PageRank Sculpting
- Matt Cutts on Twitter : "Hey, did you hear our latest inside tip? Make relevant content ;)"
- Question on Inbound Marketing.com: How to Transfer a Group Page to a Business Page
Missed last week's episode? HubSpot TV - SEO Wizardry with Guest Co-host Rand Fishkin (May 29nd, 2009)
Webinar: Marketing in a Recession