Episode #45 - June 19th, 2009
(Episode Length: 23 minutes, 29 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter - @mvolpe @karenrubin
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv/
- InboundMarketing.com - new site where you can post questions, learn about inbound marketing, meet others, find and post jobs or sign up inbound
- @LevelTen_Colin on Twitter: hey @mvolpe, quick question - what's your opinion on the sub-domain vs. directory folder #seo debate? notice that hubspot uses sub-domains
Are Subdomains or Folders best for search engine optimization?
Doing it Right
- Reynolds Golf Academy - www.ReynoldsGolfAcademy.com
- "He wanted the Golf Academy's website to be an interactive destination where web visitors could learn about his "New Rules" of golf instruction through YouTube videos and his free downloadable e-books."
- Proper Way to Throw a Golf Club
Increased traffic and lead volume by over 50x
Search Advertising Companies Have 50% Churn
- "Roughly half of businesses that buy search ads directly from Google and other Internet search companies don't come back the following year..."
The Bottom Line Of Local Search
- Marketing Takeaway - Advertising is expensive, and has little leverage.
Search is Getting Jiggy With It
- Everyone is talking about search these days, does it matter?
- Bing.com - Microsoft's newest search engine
- Hunch.com - The Answer Engine
- WolframAlpha.com - A computational engine
- Marketing Takeaway - There is some movement going on in search. Don't worry about it. Google has ~70% market share, that's all you need to know.
Iran and Social Media
- Has the Iranian revolution be organized through the Twit-o-sphere?
Officials: Social networking providing crucial info from Iran
Iran Protests: Twitter, the Medium of the Movement
- Tweet fightin' Iran? Maybe not
- Marketing Takeaway - Everyone in your market does not need to be using a tool to make it worth your time. A few influential people can make all the difference.
Facebook Edges out MySpace
- Facebook Beats MySpace in the US
- Marketing Takeaway - If you aren't using Facebook check it out, it's growing by leaps and bounds. If you need help, check out this webinar !
Where in the World is Mike Volpe?
- Driving ROI on Twitter
- Twitter Boot Camp
- Focusing on any one tool exclusively is a BAD marketing strategy.
- Thad Peterson - I'm trying to work through whether it's best to try to keep your private and professional personas seperate when using social media. Anybody else grappling with this? What conclusions have you come to?
Marketing Tip of the Week
Follow in the footsteps of Charlie King and become your own media mogul.
Webinar: Blogging for Business
Want to learn more about publishing a blog on your business website?
Download the free webinar to learn how to create a thriving inbound marketing blog.