Episode #47 - July 2nd, 2009
(Episode Length: 20 minutes, 36 seconds)
Special Thursday episode!
Note: Karen says June, but we swear it's July! The "bet" was that a HubSpotter could trick her into saying the wrong month. Tricky, tricky!
- How to interact on Twitter - @ mvolpe , @ karenrubin with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet!
- Subscribe in iTunes -
- www.InboundMarketing.com - community where you can post questions, learn about inbound marketing, meet others, find and post jobs
Doing It Right
- Murphy Goode Vineyard
Facebook Becomes Twitterific?
- Facebook Taking Status Updates Public (A La Twitter)
- Facebook statuses are headed public...like Twitter
- Marketing Takeaway : Think about using Facebook for business and not just as a personal social network.
Launching ideas at the U.S. Air Force
- "We are not launching missiles, we are launching ideas."
- "The key for communicators is that you need to open the door and pull the curtain back."
- Everyone in the air force is a diplomat and a communicator. Even in the corporate world, you really can't have just a marketing department or just a PR department, you need to understand that everyone should be involved in spreading your message.
- The US Air Force: Armed with social media
- "Capt. Faggard says. "I am concerned with how insurgents or potential enemies can use Social Media to their advantage. It's our role to provide a clear and accurate, completely truthful and transparent picture for any audience."
- 24 Hours at Sea on the USS Nimitz
- Marketing Takeaway: If the US Military can open themselves up to social media, your company can too!
Blog Branding Bonanza
- 7 Ways To Develop A Unique Brand For Your Blog
- "The blogosphere churns out nearly 1 million posts every 24 hours"
- Karen - 6. Create a better signal to noise ratio &7. Focus on achieving consistency
- Mike - Consistency and Unique Topic
- Marketing Takeaway: Start blogging now before your competition does to get a head start in the marketing race.
Banner Ads Go Big Time
Big Websites Start Running Bigger Display Ads. Big Mistake.
- "The Online Publishers Association yesterday announced that 37 of its members, including juggernauts like The New York Times, Forbes, ESPN, CNN and MSNBC.com are (or are soon going to start) running the new, larger ad units..."
- "The real motivation was to provide marketers and agencies with the opportunity to deliver a branded experience directly on the pages of these very rich content sites."
- Marketing Takeaway: One more reason to think about monitizing content through your product and not through ads.
- Where do I start? from Laura Neufelder at Digital Knowledge
- Reasonable path: Create a Target Persona, Publish Content, Optimize Content, Promote Content (build network) then think about conversion (offers, calls to action, landing pages)
Marketing Tip of the Week
- Enlist one new person in your company to be a communicator to spread your message.
Closing : Happy Fourth of July!!!
Webinar: How to Use Online Video for Inbound Marketing
How do you get started with YouTube, video podcasting, live streaming, or viral videos.
Download the free webinar to learn how to use online video to grow your business with inbound marketing.
Originally published Jul 4, 2009 2:39:00 PM, updated July 04 2013