Episode #62 - October 16, 2009
(Episode Length: 20 minutes, 50 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ karenrubin , @ mvolpe , @ dharmesh , @ bhalligan with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv/
- Danny Esser asked us to comment on this article showing that Twitter is not as widely used by young people.
- CHART OF THE DAY: Kids Snub Twitter
- "Just 16% of U.S. Twitter.com visitors in June were under age 25, versus 25% of the active U.S. Internet user base."
- Marketing Takeaway : Research communities to learn if your target audience uses them or not.
Increased Use of Content as Inbound Marketing Tool
- Survey Shows Increased Use of Content as a Marketing Tool
- 86% of respondents' companies are currently creating or plan to create original content for their customers and prospects in the coming year.
- 81% believe that brands and companies can create content that is as engaging and informative as content created by media companies.
- 74% feel that original content and media are most effective for generating marketing ROI.
- Marketing Takeaway : Content is an important part of inbound marketing.
YouTube - Over 1 Billion Served (per Day!)
- YouTube Now a True Leviathan of Video, Cracks a Billion Views a Day
- "Three years to the day after Google bought YouTube, the video giant is routinely serving more than a billion video views per day."
- Marketing Takeaway : You are missing out if your video strategy does not include YouTube.
Google Removes Page Rank from the Webmaster Tools
- Google Removes PageRank Data From Webmaster Tools
- Google is removing the Page Rank metric from Google Webmaster Tools.
- Marketing Takeaway : We've told you before not to focus on Page Rank. So please... stop focusing on Page Rank!
Announcing: The Inbound Marketing Book!
- In Stores October 19 (Finally!)
- About the book: www.inboundmarketing.com/book
- Inbound Marketing is an actionable how-to guide to getting found via Google with SEO, the blogosphere, and social media sites.
- Free ebook: Are the Right People on Your Marketing Team? (Analysis of DARC, excerpt of Inbound Marketing )
Get the Inbound Marketing Book
|Like the tips on HubSpot TV? Learn all the ins and out of Inbound Marketing in the book!|
Originally published Oct 24, 2009 5:26:00 PM, updated July 04 2013