Episode #63 - October 23, 2009
(Episode Length: 34 minutes)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ karenrubin and @ mvolpe with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv/
Register for the in-person event
OR sign up to
watch the livestream
- Discount Code: HUB1109
Twitter & Google & Bing...oh my!
- Bing is Bringing Twitter Search to You
RT @google: Tweets and updates and search, oh my!
When Two Worlds Collide: Social Media Marketing & SEO
- Bing licenses Twitter feeds and launches Twitter search.
- Bing licenses Facebook feeds.
- Google launches Twitter search.
- Twitter Founder (and former HubSpot TV guest), Ev Williams announcements of the Google Deal and Bing Deals.
- Google launches social search in labs. Marshal Kirkpatrick provides details and analysis of the deal making.
- Marketing Takeaway: We have been telling you that inbound marketing is creating, optimizing and promoting, because we knew this would happen. Include social media as PART of your overall inbound marketing strategy.
State of the Blogosphere
- State of the Blogosphere 2009
- 72% of bloggers are just hobbyists, 28% are doing it for professional reasons
- 74% of those blogging for professional reasons are using twitter to promote their blog (vs. 14% of the general population)
- #1 use of twitter for bloggers is to promote their blog
- Technorati's top 5000 blogs generate 100x more post than all others.
- Success Metrics: Professionals care most about unique visitors & page views.
- Marketing Takeaway: (Made up by Mike!) Take your blogging seriously. Don't be a "hobbiest."
Guest: Dave Kurlan of Objective Management Group
- Dave's Blog: Understanding the Sales Force
- HubSpot's 10th customer & first case study
- You have been blogging for a long time, we just covered the state of the blogosphere, how has blogging helped your business?
- How can marketers better challenge sales people?
- How can marketers and sales people work together more effectively?
- What things should you be measuring for sales?
Marketing Tip of the Week : Use the discount code to learn more about how successful companies can sell their way back to the top for free!
13 free webinar classes and notesheets
. The program drills into each component of inbound marketing and prepares you for the Inbound Marketing certification exam.