NOTE FROM THE PRODUCERS: Have you ever caught the live show? We broadcast in real-time every Friday at www.hubspot.tv. Click here at 4:00pm ET today to watch the show live.
Episode #65 - November 6, 2009
(Episode Length: 25 minutes, 23 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ mvolpe @ repcor and @ just_kate with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- Thank you to the Lansdowne for providing us with food!
HubSpot keeps winning awards!!!
- Dharmesh Shah selected as Innovator of the Year in the 2009 Mass Technology Leadership Awards|
- Dharmesh Shah selected as a recipient of the Mass High Tech 2009 All-Stars Award for leadership in social media of New England's innovation economy.
- SNCR Award Ceremony tonight for HubSpot's press release experiment.
Come to our MITX Inbound Marketing Book Tweetup Next Wednesday November 10 (6-8pm)
- Click here to register!
- David Meerman Scott is coming!
- Beer, food and fun ... (and it's free.)
- Location: Tommy Dolye's in Kendal Sq, Cambridge, MA
- You're involved in an organization called DigiActive . Tell us a little about what they focus on, and what their vision is.
- Define Digital Activism
- What tools do you think are best for digital activism?
- Successful Campaigns?
- Girls in Tech: What is it?
- How did it start? -- How many chapters?
- How did you grow it? What have you done?
- How many members?
- Press Releases Not That Useful Anymore
- Poll: Don’t trash press releases yet
- Only 49% believe press releases are "as useful as ever"
- 33% percent said press releases are a necessary evil that won't go away soon (in part because of SEC notification rules)
- 64% target their press releases most often to print outlets
- Marketing Takeaway : Public relations has been replaced by inbound marketing - creating content and promoting that content to get people to talk about you.
- Social Media Makes People More Social
Social Isolation and New Technology
- This Pew Internet Personal Networks and Community survey finds that Americans are not as isolated as has been previously reported. People's use of the mobile phone and the internet is associated with larger and more diverse discussion networks.
- 6% feel like they have no one with whom they can talk about those important matters. However, this figure (the 6%) has not grown as access to technology has increased - it has remained virtually unchanged since 1985.
- Marketing Takeaway: Find a way to encourage online and offline interaction with your customers.
- University of Missouri Researchers Find Search Process Affects Cognition and Emotion
- MU Researchers Find Internet Search Process Affects Cognition, Emotion
- Study Reveals That Online Searches Affect Emotions, Memory
- Right : "Readers were better able to understand, remember and emotionally respond to material found through searching compared to content found while surfing."
- Wrong : "...Web site sponsors might consider increasing their advertising on pages that tend to be accessed via search engines"
- Marketing Takeaway : Search Engine Optimization is effective and important. People will remember your company better if they find you during search.
- Twitter Lists Go Mainstream
There's a List for That
- Create lists on your profile. Check out who has you on thier list. Ask people to get listed on their list.
- Follow the HubSpotters List
- Intro to Using Twitter Lists
- Video on How to Use Twitter Lists
- Marketing Takeaway : Create a list of your company employees, and maybe your industry influencers.
Marketing Tip of the Week : For Nonprofits!: Take your offline emotional connection and bring it online.
Website Redesign Kit
Learn how to redesign your website for marketing results
Download the free kit to learn how to turn your website into an internet marketing machine.
Originally published Nov 13, 2009 2:04:00 PM, updated July 04 2013