NOTE FROM THE PRODUCERS: Special Thanksgiving Episode of the show TODAY (Wednesday, November 25) at 1:00pm EDT. Click here at 1:00pm ET today to watch the show live.
Episode #67 - November 20, 2009
(Episode Length: 27 minutes, 35 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ mvolpe @ karenrubin and @ DanZarrella with www . HubSpot . tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Thanksgiving episode on Wednesday at 1PM!
- Everyone is always welcome to come to the office for the live audience.
- Mike has a mustache for Movember ! Support him at www . MikeVolpe .com/cancer
- Karen is a Wild Web Woman! Vote for her here!
New Guest! The Wonderful Dan
- He's an author now! The Social Media Marketing Book
- www . DanZarrella .com
- "Social Media and Viral Marketing Scientist" what's that mean? How did you get started doing all this?
- Big month for Dan.....
- Twitter's New Retweet Feature Makes Quality, Unique Content Even More Important for Marketers
- ReTweets are associated with the original tweeter, not the retweeter
- You only see retweets for people you are following
- You can no longer personalize retweets , they are posted verbatim
- Marketing Takeaway : It's even more important now to be the originator of the content, not just the retweeter .
Blogger Takes Heat for Comment Moderation
- Follow up: The vulgar comment & the school
- Kurt Greenbaum of St. Louis Post-Dispatch's wrote an article about the strangest thing you've ever eaten.
- Commenter left vulgar comments twice, Greenbaum realized from commenter's IP that it was from a local school. Contacted the school and sent over IP details.
- Commenter was a teacher and resigned when confronted by Principal.
- Marketing Takeaway #1 : There is no such thing as an anonymous comment.
- Marketing Takeaway #2 : This social media thing is still new, think twice about your actions.
Digg Blending Advertising and Content
CEO: Content as Advertising
- "Instead of the standard billboard or whatever you read on the Internet, we're going to create ads - and we do create ads - that are literally content, so if you click on it you read an interesting story or article, and you put branding next to it. And we get literally get 100 times the click-through rate of what a typical ad would get, so that's good for advertisers."
- Marketing Takeaway : Content performs better than sales promotion, and content can help build brands.
- Sheila Domingue What is the best way to find the top blogging sites for your area of interest?
- Google Blog Search
- Twitter Search (Look for Tweets with links to blog articles) -
- Blog Grader Search (In Beta, might be a bit buggy right now)
- (And HubSpot's social media monitoring !)
- Add your comments here :
Marketing Tip of the Week: Your customers are there...your competitors are there ... why aren't you there? Buy The Social Media Marketing Book !