NOTE FROM THE PRODUCERS: Have you ever caught the live show? We broadcast in real-time every Friday at www.hubspot.tv. Click here at 4:00pm ET today to watch the show live.
Episode #68 - November 25, 2009
(Episode Length: 19 minutes, 15 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ mvolpe @ karenrubin with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv/
- No show this Friday (Thankgiving Holiday)
- Everyone is always welcome to come in at 4pm to the office for the live audience.
- Mike has a moustache for Movember! support him at www.MikeVolpe.com/cancer
Black Friday and Social Media
- HOW TO: Use Social Media to Find Black Friday Deals
- Gizmodo's #blackfriday feed has the latest posts about the best electronic deals to be had.
- My Black Friday Deals...uses the mobile photo slide show app Whrrl to allow bloggers to take pictures of the best deals they can find in stores and upload them to the site to be voted on by deal seekers.
- Staples, Macy's and Walmart are "leaking" deals on Twitter
- DealNews has a free Black Friday app that lets you sort deals by "Early Bird," "In Store Only," and "Limited Availability," as well as see photos of the sale items.
- Marketing Takeaway - Connect with your customers in every way possible.
The Inc 500 is Catching On to Inbound Marketing
- Learning From Leaders: The Inc. 500 and Social Media Usage
- "The study found that 75% of companies who participated in the survey were very familiar with social media in 2009, a dramatic increase over the 57% of respondents familiar with some type of social networking in 2008."
- "Forty-five percent of respondents surveyed maintained a blog at their company in 2009 (a slight jump over the 39% in 2008 and 19% in 2007 who blogged). Of course, the same growth didn't extend across all social platforms."
- "A whopping 91% percent of companies also admitted to using at least one social media tool, a significant increase over 77% of respondents in 2008."
- Marketing Takeaway: The fastest growing companies are using social media & inbound marketing, shouldn't you?
Google Adds a Left Navigation?
- Google Testing Permanent Sidebar
- "The new interface uses a left-hand pane to display search options-but instead of being off by default, with a link to turn on the pane, the new search options will be on permanently, and Google will lose the top blue bar over its results."
- Marketing Takeaway : Produce different kinds of to enhance the visibility of your company on Google search results.
LA Times Refines Social Media Guidelines
- LA Times Social Media Guidelines Lead to Much More
- Times updates social media guidelines
- "Originally written in March of this year the update makes sense since the 8 months or so that have passed since the first take is like a lifetime in the social media world. In fact, the real story here may be that the LA Times hasn't taken a 'set it and forget it' approach to their social media guidelines so please take note everybody."
- "The Times is to be, above all else, a principled news organization. In deed and in appearance, journalists must keep themselves - and The Times - above reproach."
- Marketing Takeaway : Create social media guidelines for your company that GUIDE your employees but don't stop them from creating content.
- Alison Semancik asks on inboundmarketing.com : I just recently made a change to our "buy now" page - the page where visitors can choose the software package that works best for them and purchase. In the past, we only had 3 options to choose from: 1 user, 3 user and 5 user. Our company recently decided to add a 10 user package to this page. Since I added it one week ago, sales have dropped significantly. I can only conclude that the sales drop is from this addition, but I'm not sure.
- Google Website Optimize, HubSpot Analytics
- Conversion Rate vs. Number of Sales
- Where is your traffic coming from?
Marketing Tip of the Week : Your New Year's Resolution should be to try something new (and we don't mean just on the table!)
Inbound Marketing Kit
Learn more about inbound marketing and how to combine blogging, SEO and social media for results.
Download our inbound marketing kit .