Episode #70 - December 10, 2009
(Episode Length: 28 minutes, 42 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ mvolpe , @ karenrubin and @ edwardboches with www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv/
- Vote Karen a Wild Web Woman! - http://www.squidoo.com/Top_Marketing_Women_Social_Media
Special Guest: Edward Boches of Mullen
- Chief Creative Officer/Chief Social Media Officer at Mullen
- Presentation: Creativity in the Age of Social Media
- Ann Daly asks " I have a new book coming out. Better to create a new page on existing site or new site altogether? (anndaly.com) "
- SEO vs brand, and leverage existing asset vs building new...
- Probably for most smaller authors, have one site about you, and then individual pages about each book, but make sure to buy the URL of the book tittle and redirect it to your main site
Seth Godin has Another Book Coming Out!
- Get a review copy of my new book
- Instead of sending to the "traditional influencers in media" he sent to the first 3,000 people to make a donation to the Acumen Fund.
- What's the exchange rate on influencers to normal people with $30?
- Is the first 3000 the right 3000?
- Marketing Takeaway - Use new tools to find the new influencers. (Twitter Grader, Blog Grader, Facebook Grader etc.)
Social Media Certification - Great Idea, or a load of BS?
- The " International Social Media Association " launched, and is offering membership, but most noteworthy is a $3000 training and certification -
- Oliver Blanchard: Thanks, but no thanks: Enough with the nonsense already.
- Jason Falls - Clearing Up Misperceptions
- Oliver Blanchard followup - Let’s get constructive about the future of Social Media Certifications
- Some decent marketing people teaching in the ISMA, but noteworthy that they are missing the real A-list folks leading the changes happening in marketing today?
- Is it a little weird to want to get certified in "social media" alone?
- Inbound Marketing University - Free! And maybe better professors? You be the judge. David Meerman Scott, Chris Brogan, Ann Handley, Gary Vaynerchuck, Avinash Kaushik, Rand Fishkin, Laura Fitton, Lee Odden...
- Marketing Takeaway - Try free training before spending your money.
Google Follows Bing, Announces Real Time Search
- What Google's Launch of Real-Time Streaming Search Means For Marketers
- Is this not that cool, or is it just me? It's not clear the changes are much more useful than just using Twitter Search.
- The real key is audience/reach. Google has massive reach.
- Marketing Takeaway : You should have been listing to us for the past 2 years. Now you're screwed! You need a comprehensive inbound marketing strategy to be successful - Get F, Convert, Analyze. And Get Found includes blogging, search optimization, and social media promotion.
- http://inbound.org: Mixing Personal and Company Name
- Losama - "I get some slack from a few local social media gurus in Phoenix for tying our anchors names with our station. IE. CareyPena3TV. I'm ok with it because the tweets are purely personality driven and not corporate and if someone wants to search for 3TV then the rest of our reporters and anchors will show up, so I like the marketing piece. The local social media gurus think the perception is that they're corporate drones because of the company being mixed with the names. What are your thoughts?"
Marketing Tip of the Week - Don't be afraid to be creative. Try one thing that is OFF THE WALL!Closing
Webinar: How to Sell Social Media to Your Boss
Social media guru Chris Brogan explains how to demonstrate the value of social media marketing.
Download the free webinar
to learn how to get your company started with social media.