Episode #72 - December 23, 2009
(Episode Length: 22 minutes, 29 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: @ mvolpe and @ TomCattaneo with www . HubSpot . tv in your tweet.
- Subscribe in iTunes : http :// itunes . hubspot . tv
- New day and time for HubSpot TV next week: Thursday, January 31 at 4pm with Karen Rubin and Pamela Seiple !
Special Guest Tom Cattaneo , HubSpot Support
- What did you do before HubSpot ? Did that have anything to do with marketing?
- What are some of the more frustrating calls or support topics that you deal with? (design issues vs.lead generation)
- Boston Bruins - Won a marketing award from the NHL
Email and Twitter Drive Results in Social Content Sharing
- The Value of Sharing: Social Engagement
- E-mail 46%, Facebook 33%, Twitter 6%
- Twitter has higher click- throughs and more subsequent sharing because of retweeting - Twitter accounts for 40% of all click- throughs , e-mail 35%, Facebook 25%
- Marketing Takeaway : Make sure it is easy for people to share your content.
Facebook Reveals Top Topics
- Facebook Applications, FML, Swine Flu, Celebrity Deaths, Family, Movies, Sports, Health Care, Facebook , Twitter
- Facebook Unveils Most-Mentioned Topics of 2009
- Marketing Takeaway : facebook is big enough that someone is talking about your industry, even if it is not in the top10. So get on Facebook !
HP Addresses Potential Firestorm on YouTube
with facial recognition has trouble following a
black man's face, but works fine on a white woman... and of course they
to make a video about it "
HP Computers are Racist
not recognize black faces?
HP responds quickly:
Customer Feedback is Important to Us
- Should HP have done more? Should they have made a funny response? Or gotten the camera to do the opposite?
- Marketing Takeaway : Respond quickly to limit problems and keep things from getting out of control.
CMOs Get Serious with Social Media in 2010
- Poll: CMOs plan to boost social media spend for 2010
- Survey by Bazaarvoice and the CMO Club
- 66% say they will increase their spending on social media marketing
- 75% say they will attach sales goals to their social media efforts
- Marketing Takeaway : Track the ROI of social media just like the rest of marketing.
- Hotel Blog - What should it blog about?
- George Fassas , from a 5 star resort in Greece
- "! I used to work in hotels and am now an inbound marketer at HubSpot ... the additions to the above might include: -before embarking on 3 different blogs, consider one blog with three posts a week, each on a theme: Local Color: feature something about Greece, Dream Vacation: Feature a customer story, View from Inside: people find hotels fascinating & glamorous, sharing some of the fun/planning/relationships could be really interesting -consider guest bloggers ... or a guest interview once a week ... the concierge blogging what is going on for the coming weekend, etc -now here is the important bit: measure the blog. which posts drive the qualified traffic you are seeking? which posts impact guest satisfaction? which posts should you do more of and less of and tailor it over time to the audience you are most interested in converting. Good luck!" @ kirstenpetra