HubSpot TV will be LIVE in Las Vegas today, Friday, at 4:00 p.m. ET. Watch the show in real-time at www.hubspot.tv .
Episode #83 - March 12, 2010
(Episode Length: 27 minutes, 34 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: Include hashtag #HubSpotTV in your tweets! On the show today is Mike Volpe (@ mvolpe ), Karen Rubin (@ karenrubin ) and Emily Nagle Green (@ emilynaglegreen )
- As always, all the old episodes are in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv/ . If you like the show, please leave a review!
- Wild Web Women have nominated Mike for "Social Media Man Crush" finalist. Please vote !
- We're doing HubSpot TV from Las Vegas on March 19!
Special Guest, Emily Nagle Green
- Author of Anywhere: How Global Connectivity is Revolutionizing the Way We Do Business
- Emily Nagle Green is chartered with continuing Yankee Group's leadership in navigating the global connectivity revolution as the president and CEO, where she also serves on the Board of Directors.
- Natasha Attal : Have u been following @ Jetblue Scavenger Hunt to win tickets? Smart promo: http://bit.ly/aT7hlV #JB10NY
- Jetblue's Twitter Scavenger Hunt to Celebrate their 10 Year Anniversary
Stalking via Facebook & Twitter Is Made Even EASIER
- Facebook Plans to Stake Its Location Claim Next Month
- "Facebook plans to add friend location information as soon as next month, reports The New York Times Bits blog today. Honestly, this news is so expected that the fact that it was reported using anonymous sources attributed as 'several people briefed on the project' only makes it a little more certain than it was before."
- How Marketers Can Use Twitter's New Locations Featurex
- "After agreeing to share your location information in your settings, a small location icon will appear next to each tweet's byline. Clicking it will bring up Google Maps, displaying your location."
- Marketing Takeaway: Start building your presence on Four Square, Facebook & Twitter. Try to find interesting ways to incorporate it in your business
Yelp Still Battling Bad Reviews
- Yelp Hit With Class Action Lawsuit For Running An “Extortion Scheme”
- Two law firms, Beck & Lee from Miami and The Weston Firm in San Diego, have filed a class action lawsuit in Los Angeles federal court alleging unfair business practices by local business review and rating website operator Yelp.
- Marketing Takeaway: Be transparent with your customers!
Google Opens the Google Apps Marketplace For Business
- Open for business: the Google Apps Marketplace
- "The Google Apps Marketplace allows Google Apps customers to easily discover, deploy and manage cloud applications that integrate with Google Apps."
- Marketing Takeaway: Make it easy for people to find you. If you have an application, apply to put it in the Google Marketplace today.
- Kristi Shoemaker from inbound.org : When measuring "what" effort drove the lead, do I point to the person's first point of entry into our website, or the closest point of entry when they filled out the lead.
Webinar - PR 2.0 for Marketers: Why Social Media Participation Matters
Want to learn more about how creating remarkable content can lead to PR coverage and lead generation?
Download the free webinar
to learn how inbound marketing and PR can be combined for results.
Originally published Mar 19, 2010 2:30:00 PM, updated July 04 2013