Episode #85 - March 26, 2010
(Episode length: 27 minutes, 32 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: Include www.HubSpot.tv in your tweet! On the show today is Mike Volpe (@ mvolpe ), Karen Rubin (@ karenrubin ) and Erin Weed (@ erinweed )
- As always, all the old episodes are in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv If you like the show, please leave a review!
Special Guest - Erin Weed
Nestle Faces Social Media Terrorism
Nestle's Fan Page
- Nestle / Facebook / Greenpeace timeline (in process)
- Crisis Planning: Prepare Your Company For Social Media Attacks
- Marketing Takeaway: Proactively monitor trends to prevent potential social media attacks.
- Marketing Takeaway 2: Think about multi layered social media campaigns, like Greenpeace, to make a bigger splash.
Twitter Is a Popularity Contest
- Finally, Twitter Search to Rank Tweets by Popularity
- Marketing Takeaway: To become more visible in search engines, get on the social media train!
Google Allows Users to Block Tracking
- Cookies under fire as regulators move in
- Marketing Takeaway: Pay attention to this trend. It could vastly affect your marketing measurement in the future.
Marketing Tip of the Week : Don't get caught with your guard down - pay attention to online conversations so your company is not the victim of a surprise attack.
Originally published Apr 2, 2010 3:00:00 PM, updated July 04 2013
The social media world is all abuzz with how politicians are using social media and Twitter to engage with voters in advance of the U.S. 2012 elections. This week, Brian Whalley and Sam Coren guest hosted the Marketing Update on HubSpot TV,...
The social media world is all abuzz with recent developments from both Google and Facebook. This week on the Marketing Update , Mike and Karen dove into the following examples of marketers experimenting with new features and uses of social ...