Episode #86 - April 2, 2010
(Episode Length: 19 minutes, 27 seconds)
- How to interact on Twitter: Include #HubSpotTV in your tweet! On the show today is Mike Volpe (@ mvolpe ), Ellie Mirman (@ ellieeille ), and Karen is out this week.
- As always, all the old episodes are in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv If you like the show, please leave a review!
- Starting next week! - move videos! - 20 fun and entertaining HubSpot videos once a week every Tuesday at 12:00 noon EDT on http://blog.hubspot.com
Facebook Launches 3 New Features for Marketers
- Three Problems With Facebook's New Conversion Tracking Feature
- Track clicks on Facebook ads through to conversion on your page on your website.
- Facebook Launches Community Pages for the 'Unofficial'
- For unofficial topics, create a Community page, not a Business page or Group. If the community page spikes in popularity, Facebook will take the control of the page from you and "hand it over to the Facebook community" to be managed wiki-style.
- Facebook Wants You To “Like” Everything On The Web
- Facebook Users Will Soon “Like” a Page to Become a Fan, not “Become a Fan”
Facebook is changing the way fans interact with pages; instead of "becoming a fan" they can now "like" a page. A key motivation? Facebook says people click the "Like" button twice as much as the "Become a Fan" button.
- Marketing Takeaway : Facebook is welcoming marketers, you should accept their invitation to do business there.
Email Marketing - Opt-in or Opt-out
- Should email marketing be opt-in or opt-out by default? What is right for B2B companies? B2C?
- B2Bs: Your Email Policy Could Be Hurting You
- Why Opt Out is Not a B2B Marketing Strategy
- B2B Email Marketing: Is an Opt-Out Policy Best?
- Surprise! Internal B2B Email Lists Are Far More Effective Than Third-Party Lists
- Marketing Takeaway : Your reputation is important, being aggressive might work in the short term, but your brand and reputation are even more important in today's transparent social media world.
Twitter Predicts Box Office Sales Better Than Experts
- Twitter Predicts Box-Office Sales Better Than a Prediction Market [Updated] (Jean Bredache)
- For a B&B That Doesn’t Exist, the Online Reviews Keep Coming
HP Labs used an analysis of Tweets during the first two opening weekends of movies to predict their sales.
- Mareting Takeaway : Use social media to listen to your audience and get mass real-time feedback.
- From Laura Hoffman on Inbound.org - When you launch a new blog, should you fill it with a couple months of backdated content?
Marketing Tip of the Week
: Don't underestimate the value of brand management, at the end of the day you are doing business with people and you need to build that relationship for the best long-term results.
Learn how to use social media to manage your company brand.
Download the free video and learn how to manage your company brand effectively using social media.
Originally published Apr 5, 2010 4:30:00 PM, updated July 04 2013