Episode #87 - April 9, 2010
(Episode Length: 23 minutes, 50 seconds) - Marketing Data Dive
- How to interact on Twitter: Include #HubSpotTV in your tweets! On the show today is Mike Volpe (@ mvolpe ) and Karen Rubin (@ KarenRubin ).
- All the old episodes are in iTunes: http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- Shout Outs: Hi to our viewer from Singapore, Andrew Abraham from www.gradkin.com ! Thank you to Leili McKinley for blogging about HubSpot TV as one of her favorite podcasts : " If Internet marketing seems overwhelming, then tune in to Karen Rubin's and Mike Volpe's podcast. They'll help you transform your brand from an idea to actuality. "
- New! Video Tuesday: New fun video from HubSpot every week. (Tip: the one on April 13 is going to be hilarious!)
Will Digg Get Dug Up From 6 Feet Under?
- Digg: The Digg iFrame Toolbar is Dead / Unbanning Domains
- Digg “Unbanning” All Previously Banned Web Sites
- Kevin Rose: "Framing content with an iFrame is bad for the Internet... It's an inconsistent/wonky user experience, and I'm happy to say we are killing it when we launch the new Digg."
- Andy Beal, Marketing Pilgrim: "It's not too far-fetched to suggest that about the time Digg started banning popular marketing blogs, it started fading as a popular destination and talking-point for marketers."
- According to Compete.com: Digg traffic had gotten as high as 43m monthly visitors, but has fallen recently to 37 million visitors. Digg has certainly lost all of its growth momentum, as well as cache and brand.
- Marketing Takeaway : Keep an eye on this, and if you have a medium popularity blog, it might be time to add back your Digg buttons.
Apple Announces Future Improvements to Mobile Ads
- Apple Launches iAd: Masks A Bigger Problem For Marketers
- Marketing Takeaway : Focus on building your audience with content and applications, not paying for the audience someone else has built.
New Marketing Stats and Insights
- Twitter Accounts with a Profile Pic Get 10 Times More Followers
- Twitter Accounts with a Profile Picture Have 10 Times More Followers Than Those Without
- Getting More than 50 Twitter Followers Helps Generate More Leads for B2C Customers
- How Many Twitter Followers Does It Take to Affect Lead Generation? At Least 100.
- Writing 20-50 Blog Articles Will Start to Drive More Leads & Companies With Blogs Generate 67% More Leads
- How Many Posts Does Your Business Blog Need to Grow Leads? At Least 20.
- Jeremy Widdup asks, "What part does your sales team play to make the sale occur? I do not see anything in the HubSpot approach that addresses the activity of lead to sales beyond lead nurturing. Is this the only method used in conversions?
Marketing Tip of the Week: Make friends with your sales people and build robust communications between teams.
Learn how to convert website visitors into leads with calls to action and landing pages
Download the free webinar to for tips on testing, measuring, and analyzing your marketing programs to improve your lead conversion rate.
Originally published Apr 12, 2010 5:00:00 PM, updated July 04 2013
The social media world is all abuzz with how politicians are using social media and Twitter to engage with voters in advance of the U.S. 2012 elections. This week, Brian Whalley and Sam Coren guest hosted the Marketing Update on HubSpot TV,...
The social media world is all abuzz with recent developments from both Google and Facebook. This week on the Marketing Update , Mike and Karen dove into the following examples of marketers experimenting with new features and uses of social ...