Usually I am on the giving end of webinars, but this week, I joined a couple of thousand other attendees to spend an hour listening to Rick Calvert and Dave Cynkin, co-founders of BlogWorld , and Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner , talk about "9 Companies Doing Blogging Right ."
Featured are these nine blogs and the marketing takeaways from each are highlighted, examined and encouraged:
- Citrix's Workshifting (not only about your brand)
- The Pioneer Woman (a personal connection)
- Stoneyfield Farm (thematically connected)
- Delicious Days (design that rocks!)
- P&G's (a very targeted audience)
- Danny Brown (demonstrating expertise)
- Disney Parks (making memories)
- Sweet Tea Leaf (sweetly human)
Nuts About Southwest (mix 'n match content)
Of course, HubSpot knows that businesses using a blog in their marketing programs receive 55% more traffic than those that do not. Our friends at eMarketer tell us by 2012, 43% of all U.S. businesses will be marketing via a blog (up from 34% in 2010).
If you would like to listen to the Blogging Tales recording and view the slides, go here . The link will only live for a couple of days and - if you want to learn what makes some blogs truly great - it is well worth the 60 minutes of your time!Photo Credit: ktp