So I Googled it, and they have -- but hey, doesn't mean we can't still have our own fun. So we checked out the news and The Onion and compiled this little quiz for you.
Can you tell the difference between real news headlines and The Onion headlines? The answers are at the bottom of the post -- cereal box-style (but right-side up, so you don't have to turn your computer over.)
Real News Headline or The Onion Headline?
1) "Two Men Save Shark From Choking on Moose"
2) "Utah Town Forgets to Hold Election -- Again"
3) "Report: Employers Created 40,000 New Jobs for Existing Employees Last Month"
4) "Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's Reality Show Cancelled After One Episode"
5) "Study Touted by Feds Says Married Women Must 'Calm Down' in Spousal Spats"
6) "Kanye West Goes to Harvard, Delivers Manifesto on Architecture"
7) "Scientists Theorize Sun Could Support Fire-Based Life"
8) "Extraterrestrials on Earth: Scientists Find Outer Space Stuff at South Pole"
9) "Gatorade Releases New Performance Suppository"
10) T.G.I. Friday's Bankrupt After Spending Billions on Priceless Americana"
11) "Bush Paints, But Is He Any Good?"
12) "I Had the Idea for YouTube Back in 2010"
13) "Apple Unveils Plans for 'Spaceship' HQ"
14) "Unemployed Boston Man Overpaid by State Can't Find Anyone to Take Money Back"
15) "Cat Appears to Come in Third in Virginia's U.S. Senate Race"
1) Real (Source)
2) Real (Source)
3) The Onion (Source)
4) Real (Source)
5) Real (Source)
6) Real (Source)
7) The Onion (Source)
8) Real (Source)
9) The Onion (Source)
10) The Onion (Source)
11) Real (Source)
12) The Onion (Source)
13) Real (Source)
14) Real (Source)
15) Real (Source)
Hit me with your own "real or Onion" headlines in the comments!