When it comes to marketing content, the web is cluttered, and the competition is tough.
This means it's vital that your content be high quality, attractive, and memorable if you want to break through the clutter and capture the attention of your target audience.
Luckily, a great way to make your content stand out online is to make it more visual. Visual content is not only easier and faster for the human brain to process, but it is also a great way to generate more views, clicks, and conversions.
The importance of visual content has been highlighted by the evolution of the social media sites marketers use every day to promote their content and brands online. Facebook continues to modify its News Feed to include larger and more prominently displayed images and videos, Pinterest is now the fourth most popular social networking site, and Twitter now pulls pictures and videos right into its timeline -- and has used its recent profile pages update to allow for larger header photos and profile pictures.
If you’re not convinced of the power of visual content or would like more in-depth information about visual content, take a look at the infographic below, created by Digital Marketing Philippines, for 12 data-backed reasons why you should integrate visual content into your marketing campaigns. Then scroll down for some interesting, tweetable stats about visual content that we pulled straight from the infographic.
10 Interesting Stats About Visual Content
1) The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than the time it takes for the brain to decode text. (Tweet This Stat)
2) Visual content makes up 93% of all human communication. (Tweet This Stat)
3) Your content can generate up to 94% more views if you add compelling visual elements and graphics. (Tweet This Stat)
4) 14% more views can be generated by press releases if they contain photos when published. (Tweet This Stat)
5) You can see a 37% increase in engagement from targeted customers if your article is optimized by adding more compelling visual elements. (Tweet This Stat)
6) With detailed images, you can get the attention of up to 67% of your targeted audiences. (Tweet This Stat)
7) 40% of users online will provide better and more favorable responses to a particular piece of visual content than other plain and text-based content. (Tweet This Stat)
8) 85% of internet users in the United States watch online video. (Tweet This Stat)
9) 26% of the 25 million smartphone users around the world watch online video at least once per day. (Tweet This Stat)
10) Use of visual content in Facebook campaigns generates 65% more engagement after only a month's practice. (Tweet This Stat)
Are you incorporating visual content into your marketing campaigns? How does it perform compared to your text-based content?
Originally published Jul 18, 2014 8:00:00 AM, updated August 26 2017