Now, I don’t want to disrupt your summer merriment (as we in Boston know, soaking up the sun while it’s out is key to making it through the notoriously brutal winter), but fall will be here before you know it.
However, I’m actually excited for the coming of the cooler months for what might be the first year ever. For with September comes INBOUND, HubSpot’s renowned sales and marketing conference that, for a sales geek like me, is practically a holiday.
The event will gather salespeople and marketers from around the world for four knowledge-packed and fun-filled days (did you notice that a Janelle Monáe performance was just announced?). Attendees will also have access to some of Sales’ foremost experts and thought leaders who will be speaking on topics from social selling, to inbound sales, to sales trends and the future of the industry.
Want a sneak peak of what you might hear? We’ve curated 10 thought-provoking quotes from some of INBOUND’s most anticipated sales presenters.
1) "How we sell is more important than what we sell."
Jill Konrath, President, Jill Konrath Inc. (Tweet This Quote)
2) "A quick but incomplete response to a customer's question is the same as no response at all."
Andy Paul, Founder, Zero-Time Selling, Inc. (Tweet This Quote)
3) "ABC = Always Be Connecting. Your network is your net worth."
Jill Rowley, Founder and Chief Evangelist, Jill Rowley LLC (Tweet This Quote)
4) "Nobody cares about your products except you.”
David Meerman Scott, Marketing and Sales Strategist, Freshspot Marketing LLC (Tweet This Quote)
5) "Expertise is the only valid basis for differentiating ourselves from the competition. Not personality. Not process. Not price."
Blair Enns, President, Win Without Pitching (Tweet This Quote)
6) "Inside sales is a movement that can't be ignored."
Steve Richard, Co-Founder, VorsightBP (Tweet This Quote)
7) "Never forget that your potential customer owes you nothing."
Matt Sunshine, Executive Vice President, The Center for Sales Strategy (Tweet This Quote)
8) "Good salespeople are not born. They're trained."
Dave Kurlan, CEO, Objective Management Group, Inc. (Tweet This Quote)
9) "Few salespeople see writing content as a good use of their time, but it’s a skill that today’s successful salesperson has embraced."
John Jantsch, Founder, Duct Tape Marketing (Tweet This Quote)
10) "The biggest mistake salespeople make is being inward-out versus outward-in."
Greg Alexander, CEO, Sales Benchmark Index (Tweet This Quote)
If you haven't gotten your INBOUND tickets yet, you can learn more about the conference here. I hope to see you there!