Prospecting for sales leads ... not the most fun thing in the world.
We’ve compiled the ultimate pump-up playlist to keep you sharp and focused while you pan for gold. And as an added bonus, you can find the embedded Spotify playlist at the bottom of this post.
23 Pump-Up Songs for Teams at Work
1) “Eye of the Tiger” -- Survivor
No pump-up playlist is complete without this classic.
2) “The Final Countdown” -- Europe
According to the Pomodoro technique, you’re most productive when you work in blocks -- typically 25 minutes long -- then take a five-minute break. Blast this tune during the first or last five minutes of your work sprints to get your energy levels up.
3) “Just What I Needed” -- The Cars
The perfect jam for when you find that perfect prospect.
4) “Livin’ On a Prayer” -- Bon Jovi
For the last few days of the month when you need to close deals and create new opportunities at the same time.
5) “Bright Future in Sales” -- Fountains of Wayne
(It’d be a shame if you had to interrupt your flow to log all of your prospecting activity. If you need a sales tool that works for you and not the other way around, try HubSpot’s free CRM today.)
6) “Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)” -- Omi
Replace “cheerleader” with “champion” and imagine yourself finding one. The Secret works, right?
7) “Hungry Like the Wolf” -- Duran Duran
Because when you’re prospecting, you should be on the hunt. Just like a wolf.
8) “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” -- Tammi Terrell & Marvin Gaye
Mountains and valleys and rivers weren’t enough to stop Tammi and Marvin from getting in touch, so what’s your excuse? There are salespeople out there willing to go in a dunk tank for a sale, so pick up the phone and start calling your prospects!
9) “Honey, I’m Good” -- Andy Grammer
Because it’s okay to walk away from a prospect that just isn’t a good fit.
10) “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” -- Beastie Boys
More like, “No Sleep Till a Discovery Call Gets Scheduled.”
11) “Want to Want Me” -- Jason Derulo
Replace the word “girl” with “prospect” and this song might as well be about every salesperson, ever.
12) “Build Me Up Buttercup” -- The Foundations
Sometimes your prospects just won’t get back to you, and The Foundations know how you feel.
13) “It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)” -- AC/DC
If you wanna rock ‘n’ roll get into President’s Club, this song is a good reminder that it won’t be an easy road.
14) “Don’t Stop Believin’” -- Journey
15) “Wake Me Up When September Ends” -- Green Day
What’s a pump-up playlist without at least one song that recognizes how tough it is to stay pumped? Enter Green Day.
16) “Welcome to the Jungle” -- Guns N’ Roses
Growth is a team sport, but prospecting isn’t. It’s every salesperson for themselves in the jungle of leads ... unless you find one that’s not in your territory.
17) “Celebration” -- Kool & the Gang
Sometimes your prospects will pick up the phone, want to talk to you, and be a great fit. After you hang up the phone, play this song. You deserve it.
18) We Are the Champions -- Queen
Do I need to say more?
19) BO$$ -- Fifth Harmony
A modern-day girl-power anthem.
20) Life Itself -- Glass Animals
I'll admit it. This one has nothing to do with sales. But it's an energetic jam that's been on repeat all summer and always gives me an energy boost when I need it.
21) Feel Good -- Gryffin, Illenium, Daya
The title says it all. This track will never fail to put you in a good mood and mentally reset after a hard day.
22) Feel It Still -- Portugal. The Man
This unapologetically upbeat track will make you feel just a little bit less like a desk jockey.
23) The Sound -- The 1975
The 1975 frontman Matty Healy uses this song as a bombastic end to the group's live performances for a reason -- the sheer energy will wake you right up.
Like these songs? You can listen to the entire playlist on Spotify.
Editor's note: This post was originally published in August 2015 and has been updated for comprehensiveness and maximum auditory awesome.