I previously shared some of the most poignant insights from the Sales 2.0 conference in Boston. I promised a follow-up from the content in the second half of the day's sessions -- and here it is.
Thank you Gerhard and Alice for hosting an interesting event with such thoughtful content.
10 More Tweetworthy Takeaways From the Sales 2.0 Conference #s20c
1) "We always overestimate how much the customer understands about us. There is no penalty for being clear. There is a serious penalty for being obscure." - Dr. Tom Sant, Hyde Park Partners (Tweet This Quote)
2) "Take the oath: I will not baffle them with BS, nor violate them with vocabulary." - Dr. Tom Sant, Hyde Park Partners (Tweet This Quote)
3)"If it's not immoral, illegal, going to kill somebody, not against company policy, and it makes good sense -- I'll probably try it." - Garcia Glover, Managing Partner, Axle Sales Partners (Tweet This Quote)
4) "Marketing can't just focus on Marketing anymore. Sales can't just focus on Sales anymore." - Kim Carlson, Director Customer Success, Bloomfire (Tweet This Quote)
5) "It's not enough just to deliver integrity and competency. You get no points for doing them well; you lose points if you don't." - Tom Cates, Founder & President, The Brookeside Group (Tweet This Quote)
6) "There's a condescending attitude about salespeople -- challenge salespeople to learn business acumen, instead of assuming content will do it for you." - Brad Childress, Sales Effectiveness Expert, TechCXO (Tweet This Quote)
7)"Journalists hold the keys to the future of sales demand generation -- find them and hire them." - Mark Roberge, CRO, HubSpot (Tweet This Quote)
8) "Coachability is the #1 most important attribute that correlates with sales rep success." - Mark Roberge, CRO, HubSpot(Tweet This Quote)
9)"If you want to make enemies, just try changing anything." - David Shore, Faculty, Harvard University; Adjunct Professor of Organizational Development and Change, Business School, University of Monterrey, Mexico (Tweet This Quote)
10)"Every organization has Cave People: Constantly Against Virtually Everything." - David Shore, Faculty, Harvard University; Adjunct Professor of Organizational Development and Change, Business School, University of Monterrey, Mexico(Tweet This Quote)
Originally published Jul 15, 2014 6:00:00 AM, updated January 04 2017