Five must-read pieces for business founders and builders.
Happy Friday and welcome to Friday Finds! From a rising crypto star to a small town innkeeper, here are The Hustle’s picks for inspiring and insightful entrepreneurial reads.
1. The Kardashian effect is alive and well. Kim Kardashian West’s shapewear brand, Skims, recently raised $240 million at a $3.2 billion valuation, doubling its $1.6 billion valuation from last April. The reality TV magnate will remain its biggest individual shareholder.
2. Virtual work has turned seasonal vacation towns into year-round destinations. To keep up with demand amid the Great Resignation, hospitality businesses are adopting more technology, including job postings in marketing campaigns, and turning temporary gigs into full-time positions.
3. Katie Haun made her name betting on crypto heavyweights like Coinbase at famed VC firm Andreessen Horowitz. Now she’s striking out on her own -- with her eyes on raising the biggest ever crypto fund by a solo female VC.
4. MBA student Wilglory Tanjong just wanted to make handbags for fun; in two years, her colorful, hand-stitched purses have grossed $700,000 and is on pace to make $5 million next year.
5. Need to launch a new product? Here are the best social media channels for marketing in 2022, according to company and consumer data.