When I discovered these two facts, I was shocked ...
- 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up.
- 80% of sales require five follow-ups.
... Are you reading what I'm reading? 44% of salespeople have an 80% probability they won't close the sale.
Too often we give up after one follow-up email ... despite data proving that multiple follow-ups are required.
Yet persistence is only ONE lesson that can be learned from the following 107 sales statistics. There are countless others to be revealed.
Check out this SlideShare and our ultimate collection of sales statistics to sell smarter, stop wasting time on useless tasks, and start closing more deals in less time:
Rather just scroll through the raw data? Here you go ...
4. Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. [Source: InsideSales.com]
5. If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them. [Source: InsideSales.com]
13. Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. [Source: Gartner Research]
18. 25% of marketers who adopt mature lead management processes report that sales teams contact prospects within one day. Only 10% of marketers report the same follow-up time without mature lead management processes. [Source: Forrester Research]
52. The average voicemail response rate is 4.8%. [Source: InsideSales]
53. The best time to cold call is 4pm - 5pm. The second best time is 8am - 10am. The worst times are 11am and 2pm. [Source: InsideSales]