Last week, Foursquare published a cool new infographic to announce a major milestone for the location-based social network: 10 million users!
Based in New York, Foursquare has offered its check-in service since March 2009 and, in addition to 10 million users, has some pretty amazing stats to share. Below are some of our favorites, but the infographic boasts several more:
5 Awesome Foursquare Facts
- 10 million people currently use Foursquare
- 3 million check-ins occur each day
- 400,000 businesses use Foursquare as a marketing tool
- 78,387 venue mayors are ousted each day
- 358 million check-ins have occurred outside the United States
Check out the infographic below (missing animation) or click on over to the Foursquare blog to view the animated version (cool!).
With a growing community of users, will you consider taking advantage of Foursquare for your business ? If you've tried using Foursquare for business, what have you learned?
Want to grade your Foursquare mojo? Check out http://Square.Grader.com