HubSpot TV Episode #17 - November 26, 2008
Like HubSpot TV? Subscribe in iTunes !
@JimLittlefield - @Hubspot http://HubSpot.tv What are your thoughts about adding a twitter feed to our pages?
@inbounder - @HubSpot What is the biggest channel that impacts inbound leads according to you? Do other channels come close to Google?
@Kevin_Hignett - How can small companies with local sales territory use inbound marketing efficiently? (I sell a product that I am only allowed to sell locally, but I tweet and blog worldwide.)
@featherlady - Viral email. Whats the best way to harness and get control of publicity when someone sends your work out in email w/out your name, url, or initial knowledge and the thing goes global BIG time?
YouTubes Live online event gets 700,000 viewers
- Marketing Takeaway - Live Online events are growing in popularity, is there a paradigm change from on demand events happening? Think about what live events you can host.
Facebook SPAM lawsuit for $873 Million
- Marketing Takeaway - CAN-SPAM Act applies to social media so keep that in mind when you are using it.
Social Network Ads Not So Clicklable
- Marketing Takeaway - You don't really care about the click through rate if you are paying per click.
- Business Takeaway - Social networks aren't profitable yet and it's unclear they will become so.
Tomb Raider's less than stellar ranking numbers brings out Edios review delay scheme
- Marketing Takeaway - Have a plan if things don't go as planned.
Motorola gets caught comment SPAMing
- Marketing Takeaway - Stay above board in your commenting, add value first!
Managing your Brand Online
- Finding a job using inbound marketing - http://www.webinknow.com/2008/11/downsized-fired-here-are-the-new-rules-of-finding-a-job.html
- Managing your Personal Brand - http://www.chrisbrogan.com/develop-a-strong-personal-brand-online-1/
- Marketing Takeaway - In a bad economy, it's important that you manage you start managing your personal brand online now, before it becomes necessary to find a new job.
Marketing Tip of the Week
Think about managing your personal brand in advance!
Email marketing, is it declining? http://success.hubspot.com/Customer-Discussion-Forum/forumid/97/postid/5662/view/topic