From Serial to StartUp and Bill Simmons, it's no secret that podcasts are gaining immense popularity. According to Edison Research, 17% of Americans (46 million and counting) listen to podcasts on a regular basis. That’s up from just 9% in 2008.
As more consumers become comfortable with on-demand audio, podcasting is becoming an attractive content format for businesses looking to grow their reach. Podcasts allow your content to reach people when they aren't just sitting at their computers -- instead, it can reach them on their drive to work, at the gym, or while they’re doing work around the house. Reaching more people more often can help a business grow their audience and establish them as experts in their field.
Want to start a podcast for your business? While information about podcasting exists on the web, most of it is outdated and confusing.
- The business value of starting a podcast
- How to set up your podcast RSS feed without needing to know any code
- The gear and software you'll need to record and edit your audio (and how easy it is)
- Ideas for content and tips to prepare for each episode
- Tips and techniques for marketing your podcast as well as its performance