When do you feel most inspired?
Lots of people feel most inspired at events. It makes sense -- you're surrounded by tons of interesting people and listening to fascinating speakers. You come away feeling renewed and energized.
That's why I'm getting really excited for INBOUND. I can't wait to hear all about Martha Stewart's accomplishments, Simon Sinek's thoughts about leadership, and Guy Kawasaki's insights.
But, INBOUND's not going to be for a month or so. To stay energized, I've been doing the next best thing: compiling 25 of the most inspiring quotes from inbound experts. Some are marketing quotes, and some are just meant to inspire you.
If you're feeling inspired by the quotes below, feel free to click each quote to tweet it individually or download this Excel file to upload all 25 quotes directly into Social Inbox or your social media publishing platform (If you do this, make sure you re-save the file as a CSV. I'd also recommend changing the times/days so everyone isn't tweeting the same thing at the same time). Oh, and you can download and tweet each one of the images below as well (they're optimized for Twitter's dimensions).
P.S. If you're attending INBOUND 2014 (or if you plan on attending) check out this Insider's Guide so you can make the most out of your experience.
25 Inspirational Quotes From Inbound Experts
1) “So the pie isn't perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic.” ― Martha Stewart, Founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
2) “People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” ― Simon Sinek, Author & Optimist
3) “Marketing is not about your agency winning awards. It's about your organization winning business.” ― David Meerman Scott, Bestselling Author
4) “Great companies start because the founders want to change the world ... not make a fast buck.” ― Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
5) “Success is making those who believed in you look brilliant.” ― Dharmesh Shah, CTO & Co-Founder, HubSpot
6) "People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction." ― Brian Halligan, CEO & Co-Founder, HubSpot
7) “Don’t interrupt what your buyers want to consume – BE what they want to consume.” ― Mike Volpe, CMO, HubSpot
8) “Own your words. Your words are the maps to your intentions.” ― Chris Brogan, Advisor & Business Strategist
9) “People trust people more than they trust institutions.” — Joe Chernov, VP of Content, HubSpot
10) “It’s not going to happen if you wait for the boss to tell you to make it happen.” ― Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image
11) “Tell a story. Make it true. Make it compelling. And make it relevant.” ― Rand Fishkin, Founder of Moz
12) “The three psychic horsemen of creation are: uncertainty, risk, and exposure to criticism.” ― Jonathan Fields, Founder of Good Life Project
13) "Common sense isn’t optional. Don’t do stupid.” ― Jill Rowley, Founder & Chief Evangelist of Jill Rowley, LLC
14) “If you’re having trouble, it’s because you just don’t know how -- yet!” ― Jill Konrath, Author, Agile Selling
15) "Develop a capacity for things like purpose, love, wonder, courage, and grace." ― John Jantsch, Author of Duct Tape Marketing
16) “How do you know your content is relevant? Increased social traffic, social engagement, and higher quality leads.” ― Jason Miller, Sr. Manager Content & Social, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
17) "Invite people into your brand, and lean into the possibilities. Build movements, not campaigns!" ― Ekaterina Walter, Author of Think Like Zuck
18) "As with any relationship, the market favors those who give more value than they ask for." ― Leslie Bradshaw, Former COO, President and Co-Founder of JESS3
19) "Start with the soul and end with the sale. Not the other way around." ― C.C. Chapman, Bestselling Author
20) “Haters still talk about your brand.” ― Johnny Earle, Founder, Johnny Cupcakes
21) “Who we are is really defined by the work we put out.” ― David Berkowitz, CMO at MRY
22) "The ultimate content strategy is listening." ― Marcus Sheridan, Founder of The Sales Lion
23) “You are what you feed your brain.” ― Dan Tyre, Sales Director, HubSpot
24) “Work hard, learn all you can, and never miss the chance to connect with someone new.” — Amber Naslund, Social Collaboration Consulting at Sidera Works
25) “Everything is about balance. You can't work, work, work, work without any play.” — Janelle Monáe, Singer-Songwriter
And there you have it -- 25 inspiring quotes from inbound experts! Remember to download this Excel file if you want to tweet all of these quotes in bulk, and check out the Insider's Guide to INBOUND for more information about these experts.