A few months ago, we told you that Twitter was testing out Lead Generation Cards. The bad news was that it wasn't rolled out to everyone ... until now!
Yesterday, Twitter opened up its Lead Generation Cards to everyone.
You get a Twitter Lead Generation Card! And YOU get a Twitter Lead Generation Card! Leads for everybody!
We wrote about the news in great detail back in May, but let's go over it again real quick for those who missed it the first time.
What Are Twitter Lead Generation Cards?
Well first, what are Twitter Cards? Well, you know when you expand a tweet and you sometimes see some multimedia content sitting below it? That's a Twitter Card. You'll see it on Twitter.com, or in Android and iOS applications.
The Lead Generation Card is a way to use Twitter Cards to generate leads directly within a tweet. (Bear in mind, these occur only within Promoted Tweets.) It's a great way to generate new contacts because the user's information -- name, email address, and Twitter username -- are all automatically pulled into the Card. All users have to do is click 'Submit' on the Twitter Card.
Why Is This Cool?
Well, because it makes generating leads on Twitter easier. Mashable shared some interesting data on how Twitter Lead Generation Cards are performing for some companies. "In a case study quoted on Twitter's blog, outdoor gear and apparel company Rock/Creek saw a 4.6% engagement rate and generated more than 1,700 new email contacts in one week by using a Card within a Promoted Tweet."
Its offer? Win a free pair of sandals if you share your email address. See how this could apply to, ohhh I don't know, a whitepaper? Yeah -- me too. Twitter will also offer specific analytics that show you leads generated, your spend, and the cost per lead for any campaigns you run with Twitter Lead Generation Cards.
How Do You Set Up Twitter Lead Generation Cards?
If you'd like an in-depth, step-by-step tutorial, we've already written one out for you -- you can access it here. Here's the truncated explanation for those people in life who don't like to read the instruction manual. ;-)
- Register your business with a Twitter ad account.
- Set up a CRM end point integration so you can keep track of your leads generated from Twitter Cards in your CRM. This is the list of CRMs Twitter integrates with -- HubSpot is one of them.
- Create your Twitter Card by going into the Twitter Advertising Interface. Once logged in, you can find Cards under "Advertising" in the top left corner of your screen.
- Once you hit "Create New Card," insert a Card image, a description of your offer, and a call-to-action.
- Then, you'll need to submit a few URLs so Twitter knows where to send users that engage with your Cards.
Then you're done! Now ... go get started with some Twitter lead generation, eh?
Are you excited for Twitter Lead Generation Cards? Do you think they'll help you generate more leads on Twitter?
Image credit: Rosaura Ochoa