Facebook is a social networking site where users can connect with each other and with various forms of content and applications. Facebook now claims over 500 million active users and that number continues to grow steadily. It is the third most trafficked website in the world (behind Google and Yahoo) and the most heavily trafficked social media site in the world.
Because Facebook is the largest social network, having a Facebook Business Page (a.k.a. Facebook Fan Page) is a great way to stay connected with prospects and customers on a site that they likely visit on a daily basis. It also allows you to facilitate a more personal connection with your audience. You'll be able to share company insights, industry updates, pictures, videos, and more with your audience. You'll also be able to get your fans' opinions via polls and comments on your updates.
Facebook Business Goals
Because of the sheer number of users on Facebook, a segment of your audience is going to be represented on this network. As a business, You should have five primary goals when you're connecting with your Facebook community.
You want to:
- Build relationships with your existing clients and potential clients
- Establish a presence for your business on Facebook through a valid Business Page
- Strengthen brand awareness via shareable features
- Generate traffic, links, and leads naturally through shareable features
- Use Facebook's extensive set of demographic and psychographic information by buying ad placement targeted at your audience
1. Create a Facebook Business Page
While most Facebook links carry no inherent SEO value, Facebook is growing rapidly and new and imaginative applications crop up every day. Creating a page will enable you to begin growing your online community. Facebook users can "like" your page to add themselves to your community, write on your Wall, and participate in other ways. This can also be an invaluable way for you to communicate with "fans" down the road. See HubSpot's Company Page for an example.
Watch this 5-minute video on how to create a Facebook page in 5 simple steps:
2. Integrate your Facebook Business Page with HubSpot
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to integrate your Facebook Business Page with HubSpot.
By integrating your Facebook page, you can:
- Automatically share your blog posts on Facebook
- Easily share stories and conversations you find through our Social Media tool on your fan page
- View your "reach," or overall number of fans, over time in the Analyze > Reach report
3. Schedule updates to your Facebook Business Page
Once your fan page is set up, you should get into the habit of regularly posting updates on your Facebook Business Page. Don't only post self-promotional updates; also ask your fans open-ended questions to show that you care, and share other industry news that might interest them.
Click here for instructions on how to post updates to your Facebook Business Page, right from within HubSpot. You'll be able to schedule updates in the future as well, saving you time and letting you better plan your content strategy.
4. Engage in conversations with fans
If a fan posts to the wall of your business page, you should definitely reply and keep the conversation going. If there is a ton of activity on your page, try to at least engage in 2-3 conversations per day.
Also monitor the conversation across the rest of the social mediasphere. For instructions on how to engage in social media conversations using HubSpot, click here.