Congratulations! You have a new project, and it’s a redesign for the COS -- how cool! I know it’s tempting to just dive in and get started, but there are some things you should think about first to make sure you’re fully prepared right from the start.
1. Every website redesign starts with goals and personas.
2. Speaking of strategy, don’t forget about Smart Content.
3. There’s a lot that goes into a website. Your stakeholders will have to devote some time to it too.
4. Design is limitless but extra functionality is limited to what the API is capable of.
5. Just doing a redesign doesn’t mean your website will get more traffic and become an inbound powerhouse.
6. You’ll probably see a small drop in SEO results around launch time.
7. If the end user has worked with other CMS platforms, make sure they get familiar with the COS.
Now go get ‘em.