Have you ever been stuck in traffic on a long road trip when suddenly your GPS notifies you that there is now a faster route available to reach your end destination in less time?
With GPS apps like Waze and Google Maps, we are constantly sharing information that allows these apps to report on current traffic patterns and predict future traffic patterns. This allows us to complete our journey in the least amount of time, thanks to the information on the communities past journeys.
Closed-loop reporting provides the same type of predictability for marketers as new visitors on your site go through their journey to potentially becoming your customer. While no two customer journeys are identical and there may be pit-stops and detours along the way, closed-loop reporting will give you the insights into future customer journeys.
What is closed-loop reporting?
How to use closed-loop reporting
- Direct Traffic has generated 392 contacts at a visit to contact conversion rate of 5.2%
- Organic Search has generated 150 contacts at a visit to contact conversion rate of 2.3%
- Email Marketing has generated 54 contacts at a visit to contact conversion rate of 5.9%
- Social Media generated 20 customers at a 76.9% contact to customer conversion rate
- Referrals generated 4 customers at a 19.4%
- Direct Traffic generated 15 customers at a 3.8% conversion rate
- Deliver clearer results to your boss
- Gain insights about your personas based off their activities on your site
- Shorten your sales cycle by identifying which pages viewed and content consumed increases the chances of the lead closing to a customer
- Set the right goals and expectations
- Keep your Cost-per-Lead Low
- Integrate your CRM with HubSpot (Knowledge article)
- Import a list of new customers on a monthly basis
- Each time your company closes a new customer, manually mark off a lead as a customer on the contact record.
Originally published Dec 23, 2015 3:00:00 PM, updated February 01 2017