New Year's Day is right around the corner. For some that could mean going to the gym on the regular. For others it may mean going on that diet you've been avoiding. But when you put your marketing hat on in 2014, what is it you'll be working on?
Well, if you've been meaning to get your blogging muscles in shape, we're here to help you do it.
Today, we're excited to announce the 30-Day Blog Challenge, which will run from January 2, 2014 - January 31, 2014.
Think you have what it takes to get your blogging muscles in shape and show 'em off to the world? Keep reading to learn how ...
What is the 30-Day Blog Challenge?
Did you know that HubSpot customers who write just 3-4 blog posts per month get 20 more monthly lead submissions, 800 more monthly site visits, 60 more Twitter followers, and 50 more Facebook Likes than customers who only write 2 blog posts per month? And that's just the difference a couple blog posts can make.
After seeing this stat, we decided to challenge everyone (customer or not) to get blogging -- whether that means starting to blog, blogging more frequently, or blogging at a higher quality. (Or all of the above!)
Interesting! Are there prizes?
What would a challenge be without some cool prizes?
- Companies who knock it out of the park will be profiled on the HubSpot blog, which has more than 1.5 million readers a month.
- Winning companies will also receive a complimentary ticket to INBOUND 2014, a value equal to $1,499.
Sign me up! How can I participate?
- Enter the Challenge by filling out the form on this page.
- Start blogging! The challenge will run from January 2, 2014 - January 31, 2014.
- We will be in touch with the finalists to gather any information that will help us crown the next Queen or King of business blogging -- including metrics that improved, big hit posts, and improvements in quantity and/or quality of posts.
- Winner(s) will be rewarded in February.
Are there any resources that can help me out?
Oh yah. Here, this should get you started:
- Blog Templates -- These are great if you've got serious writer's block or business blogging is new to you.
- How to Write a Blog Post: A Simple Formula to Follow -- Again, a great post for beginners.
- How to Write an Introduction [Quick Tip] -- Perfect for making your content stickier.
- A Simple Formula for Writing Kick-Ass Titles -- A great little guide for getting your post titles to stand out.
- How to Choose a Solid Topic for Your Next Blog Post -- A walkthrough on making good topic selection choices.
Also, visit the Inbound Hub every morning in January at 6 a.m. EST to see a helpful (and very short, because we love you and that's very early to be reading stuff) blogging tip from expert bloggers to help get you motivated for the day.
Ready to flex your blogging muscles? Enter your company in the 30-Day Blog Challenge now, and be ready to roll come January 2!