It’s almost July, which means it’s time to start working on your summer reading list. There’s no time like the present to expand your professional skill set, and who better to learn from than experts in your industry?
Sales Coach World reached out to sales experts and asked them what sales books they would recommend to reps. The company then visualized the responses as an interconnected map:
Click the image to enlarge:
You can see the full infographic here.
There are quite a few books on the list -- 77 books from 33 experts, to be exact. And we know you’re busy. So we chose five of the most highly recommended books on the list and did a little reading of our own. Check out some of our favorite quotes below, and click to tweet!
The Challenger Sale by Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson
4) "What sets the best suppliers apart is not the quality of their products, but the value of their insight -- new ideas to help customers either make money or save money in ways they didn’t even know were possible."
5) "Challengers win not by understanding their customers’ world as well as the customers know it themselves, but by actually knowing their customers’ world better than their customers know it themselves, teaching them what they don’t know but should."
SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham
10) "Success is constructed from those important little building blocks called behaviors. More than anything else, it’s the hundreds of minute behavioral details in a call that will decide whether it succeeds."
Let’s Get Real or Let’s Not Play by Mahan Khalsa and Randy Illig
14) "Top professionals have the ability to 'move off the solution.' They withhold offering a solution until they have intelligently explored the problems to be solved and/or the results to be achieved."
Secrets of Closing the Sale by Zig Ziglar
The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge
24) "Historically, sales technology has been built for the sales leader, not the salesperson. Strive to adopt sales technology that enables better buying for customers and faster selling for salespeople."
New Sales Simplified by Mike Weinberg
25) "Salespeople excel because they figure out how to win business and then replicate their behavior over and over. Even the best talent will fall if too much time is wasted attacking the wrong targets."
26) "Pursue prospects that look, feel, and smell like our very best clients. We know we bring value to the equation. We have instant credibility. Our story is relevant and we have happy clients to prove it."
What are your favorite sales books? Let us know in the comments below.