A website redesign can help you get more traffic, generate more leads, and improve the user experience.
To maximize the impact of a website redesign, it must be planned and executed carefully. Factors like budget, time, SEO, and conversion should be considered and incorporated into the overall website redesign strategy.
To help you be successful, we’ve put together this list of essential stats that you should keep in mind when planning your website redesign.
Website Redesign Stats
1. A website redesign can cost between $3,000 to $65,000. (WebFX, 2022)
2. A full website redesign takes three to six months on average. (IMPACT, 2020)
3. 71% of marketing leaders report that they redesign their websites every one-to-three years. (Gartner, 2020)
4. According to a study of Alexa’s top 200 marketing websites, the average lifespan of a website is 2 years 7 months. (Orbit Media, 2022)
5. Over 40% of marketers say that it takes weeks to start seeing results from a website redesign. (Databox, 2022)
6. 80.8% of web designers say low conversion rate is the top reason for redesigning a website. (GoodFirms, 2021)
7. Web designers say other reasons for redesigning a website are high bounce rate (65.4%), better UX (61.5%), unresponsive design (53.8%), and outdated design (38.5%). (GoodFirms, 2021)
8. In 2021, 79% of experience-driven businesses — ie. organizations that invest in experience across people, process, and technology disciplines — had a dedicated budget line for website experience design or improvement. (Forrester, 2021)
9. 31% of consumers think that user experience should be a top priority when designing a website. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
10. 42% of people would leave a website because of poor functionality. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
11. 88.5% of web designers believe that slow loading time is a top reason why visitors leave a website. (GoodFirms, 2021)
12. 66% of small business owners said their number one website goal in 2022 was market expansion. (UpCity, 2022)
13. 60% of marketing and sales specialists say the most important online marketing objective is lead generation. (Aioma, 2021)
14. Once their websites go live, 77% of small business owners hope to spend less than $500 per month on website services and upkeep. (UpCity, 2022)
15. Web designers say the latest design trends are dark mode (45.2%), 3D visuals (44%), multimedia experiences (43.2%), and scrolling animations and effects (42.6%). (GoodFirms, 2021)
Preparing for a Website Redesign
The stats above should help you plan the budget, timeline, priorities, and overall strategy for a website redesign. While the specific strategy will differ by website, user experience should be the guiding principle.