Do you think you have what it takes to produce content that spreads like wildfire? Then put your creativity where your mouth is and compete to win $5,000 for writing that brilliantly insightful article or producing that hilarious video. Intrigued? Read on...
We're huge on publishing content here as part of a greater inbound marketing strategy and have even had some success with our content going viral (lots of articles on the front page of Digg and viral tools like Website Grader and Press Release Grader ). We've had our share of failures, too (we consider this a necessary evil when attempting to produce viral content).
So, we're going to try and enlist the creative minds out there to help produce more viral content. And we're putting our wallet behind this to the tune of $5,000. You can win more than once, and we'll keep running the contest for the next 3 months or until we run out of money ($50K).
How to Win the $50,000 Viral Marketing Contest
- Complete this form to enter. If your proposal is accepted, we'll email you and then you can complete the article or video.
- Once completed, you deliver the content to us and if we think it rocks, we'll post it on our blog or YouTube account. We will pay you $100 for an article or $200 for a video that we post.
- If your content is a viral success, we'll pay you $5,000. Success for an article means getting to the front page of Digg. Success for a video means over 10,000 views on YouTube in under 30 days.
Viral Marketing Contest Rules
- The article or video content must relate to marketing in some way. For examples of our articles that have been virally successful, see 12 Quick Tips to Search Google Like an Expert , Now Any Business Can Tap 53 Million Facebook Users (For Free) , and GoDaddy's 16-Step Checkout: Brainless Marketing At Its Finest?
- The content must be original and created by you, and ownership of the content passes to HubSpot when we publish it.
- Scripts or other automated tools to drive votes or views are not allowed.
- We'll keep running the contest for the next 3 months or until we spend $50,000, whichever comes first. We might extend the contest depending on the results, so stay tuned.